Counselor R'Ariel: Bad Days Were Her Specialty

1 view

R'Ariel

Jan 26, 2022, 12:24:35 PM1/26/22
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Exterior. Pi Bar. Outdoor Seating Area.))

R'Ariel: My ankle.

She chuckled, trying to lighten a situation of ruined-fun.  Truth was her ankle did hurt, but then again, most of her body still felt a little sore, some of it, including her ankle seemed to be more along the lines of emotional muscle memory, and it hurt.

R'Ariel: I'm sorry, I think I need a break, anyone want to join in as a sub?  We can do that right?

Ra: I don't see why not. We could always play with two person teams too.

Shayne: Indeed- I’d much rather be safe than sorry.

R'Ariel twisted her face in an emotive display of regret.  Seems like she was always letting people down athletically, though this time it was different.  As distressing as the experience was, she took some comfort in the display of her shipmates care and concern for her wellbeing.  She hoped they understood how grateful she was for them.  She would find opportunities to tell them.

Collins: Most definitely. Obviously, I don't have the most learned opinion on the matter, but I don't want to push anyone...not just for a silly, but totally-worth-it game.

R'Ariel: I'm sorry about this.  :: she said as she lightly rubbed her ankle:: I think I just need to sit this one out for the moment, its nothing too serious.

Ra: I don't mind sitting out the first round. It'll give me the chance to see how this is done.

Shayne: Gracious of you, Master Chief. Shall we continue?

R'Ariel moved to a safe watching distance where she wouldn't be in the way.  As for the fun-spoiling emotion she was presently dealing with, it was quickly eclipsed by a rather rude message delivery, that seemed to require Starfleet to vacate their fun, further.  Both the messenger and the Captain both seemed to be leaving, one, having finished their task, the other just starting.

R'Ariel: What was that all about?

Collins: Someone is about to have a very bad day.

Bad days were her specialty, sort of.  With just a slight trace of a limp that seemed to ease its way out of her gait, she caught up to the Captain.

R'Ariel: Anything I can do to help?

Shayne: Response

TBC/TAG

Lieutenant Commander R'Ariel