LtCmdr Cayden Adyr - There and Back Again

Marissa Jeffrey

Oct 15, 2023, 7:53:47 AM10/15/23
to USS Arrow
((Unknown Station))

The view outside the window was nothing short of beautiful. The swirls that had almost looked sick before were looking far healthier, as if the planet itself had gone through the same cleaning cycle as the station had. It was nothing short of perplexing, but that could not be her focus at the moment. With the Arrow not answering, or completely out of reach, Cayden needed to get an assessment of exactly where they were and what was happening to them. Her team had once again started moving around the compartment after letting her know they were all okay, albeit a bit sick feeling.

Berry: Commander, you might want to take a look at this. There's a recording that seems important, though I haven't figured out how to turn this camera on.

Cayden raised an eyebrow. Another camera. Whoever these people were, they certainly seemed to like their documentation. Then again, maybe that was a good thing.

Adyr: Any clue as to what's on that one?

Ohnari: Response

Berry: I don't know. ::taking the cartridge out of the camera:: The label says "Test Delta-2", so it must be an experiment. This may tell us what happened before our arrival, and after the flash.

Oh, that was a temporal headache. Wait. Could it really be that they had somehow skipped time?

Orsalen: You can read the label? What language is it?

Cayden was also curious.

Ohnari: Response

Berry: Response

Orsalen: Then they built the station. Or at least whoever built it could purchase their cameras.

Adyr: Regardless, it would be nice to get it back to the Arrow where they could look at it properly. I don't think we have the ability here.

Berry/Ohnari: Response

Setting the camera in the same place where the first pile they collected had been place to await transport, Cayden looked up just in time to see the compartment get quite a bit more crowded. Well, at least they were all in one place and everyone seemed to be alright. Looking over to the doctor, she hoped that was truly the case.

Adyr: Doc, did the shift have any negative effects on any of us?

Ohnari: Response?

With a nod, she considered the options. As she looked out the window, a strange picture began to take shape. The swirling colors that once seemed quite catching seemed to start to change. Tendrils of the sick shades seemed to reach out from the station into the atmosphere. Something told her they were running low on time.

Adyr: ::Looking to the engineer and security officer.:: Since things are functional now, can you tell me where we are? Or anything else that might be in the computers?

Dewitt/Zenno: Response?

She wasn't certain what might be there, but the two officers she'd tasked with figuring it out were probably the best.

Adyr: At this point I can't say what may or may not be important. Maybe it will pop out at you.

They could hope.

Dewitt/Zenno: Responses?

Just as she was turning away from them, she noticed it out of the corner of her eye before it took over everything around them. The shimmer and bending of colors again. Disorientation replaced the flash, and in the light of the corridor before it went out as they returned to their own time, she saw the form of what she swore was another humanoid standing at one of the other consoles. She blinked as the compartment went dark and the light from the sick looking sky outside became all there was.

Adyr: Did you, uh...

Berry/Orsalen/Ohnari: Responses?

Regaining her bearings, she tapped her badge just in time for the shift to come again. A flash and the station was once again clean and operational. Her head spun and her stomach turned itself over a few times.

Adyr: We have to find out where we are.

Gesturing to the console, she set the two men to task.

Adyr: And what the hell is happening.

Her eyes moved to the window once again where the sickly tendrils seemed to be gaining strength. Whose planet was this? And why did it seem like the station didn't belong...?

Berry/Orsalen/Ohnari/Dewitt/Zenno: Responses?

TAG/TBC

--
Lieutenant Commander Cayden Adyr
Executive Officer