[Backsim] Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus -Tactical Enjoyment Deployment

1 view

Joseph George

Aug 15, 2022, 3:28:34 AM8/15/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Holodeck 3, Starbase 224))

It was nearing the appointed hour, and the Security Chief stood outside the holodeck putting the very basic room information into the console panel outside the door. They had measured out the original space several times, and he had typed out the size into the database. The resulting space would be rectangular, with more width than length, almost twice as much. Finally, he heard footfalls, and turned to greet his colleagues.

Serinus: Right on time, gentlemen. Are you ready?

Collins/Dewitt: Responses

The trio stepped past the arch and entered the simulation.

Serinus: Here is the room in question as it is at the moment.

It was just a sparse bit of storage space barely used in its current form. Because the Starboard Bow was located in the starboard bow, there were sloping walls and support beams on the left and back walls.

The Security Chief spoke up.

Serinus: Computer, show cleaned, and prepped room.

The boxes and other stored items were gone. The walls were painted a hunter green.

Serinus: Now, Install dark stained mahogany plank flooring.

The floors of the model room beneath their feet materialized into dark and shiny wood planks

Serinus: Install Serinus custom bar.

The bar came into being. It was an elongated half circle in the shaped of the ancient weapon their project was named after, taking up 3/4 of the width of the back end of the room. Leaving room all around the outside, and a bigger gap on the left than right. The stand was coffee colored, and the bar top was the same shade as the floor. Behind it were a pair of large cabinets, which had a prep station between them, with a deluxe contraption for making all kinds of coffee.

Serinus: Just like you asked for, a real coffee machine.

Dewitt/Collins: Responses.

Serinus; Great idea, Quentin.

Serinus:Computer, choose a half circle sectional  couch, in pine leaf green.

He hmmmmed deeply.

Serinus: Needs something.

Serinus: Computer, place a curved coffee table of coffee colored wood two feet away from the start of the innermost part of the half circle, lengthwise, equistant from the left and right sides.

Serinus: Looking good.

Dewitt/Collins/Niac: Response

Serinus: Hello, Commander. How can we help you?

Niac: Response

Serinus: That would be me. ::He offered his hand in the Terran way that had become so standard among the Federation.:: Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus.

It wasn't unheard of for people to be taller than he was, but this man also seemed pretty strong. He certainly was bulkier than the Magna Roman, but Artinus didn't work out to look good, and his lean form could keep up in most athletic competitions, he knew that for certain.

Niac: Response

Now that they had released each other's hands, he added.

Serinus:My colleagues, Commander Collins, and Ensign Dewitt.

Collins/Dewitt/Niac: Response

Serinus: Our special project? You're looking at it, Commander. Or what we have so far.

Niac: Response

Collins/Dewitt/Niac: Response

Tag/TBC

--