Ensign Ar'Gorvalei - Atacolypse Now

Jamie Comeau

Jan 24, 2022, 10:15:02 PM1/24/22
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Deck 1, Captain’s Ready Room, USS Arrow))

Ar’Gorvalei shrugged his shoulder as he crossed the bridge. He winced slightly at the twinge of pain, but overall, it felt much better than it had before he visited Sickbay.

Taking a deep breath, he faced the door to the captain’s ready room. This was the first time he’d really had a chance to interact with Captain Shayne – he had reported for duty in the middle of ship-to-ship combat and treated the captain’s injuries, and later had accepted the captain’s commendation during an awards ceremony, but other than that had not had the chance to interact with the captain.

He had looked forward to finally getting to know the Arrow’s captain. But that was before the Tacos by the Sea Incident, as he had begun calling it in his head.

oO Or the Taco-nfrontation. Oo

Now he dreaded having that incident be part of his first one-on-one meeting with the captain.

oO Maybe he hasn’t heard of it yet? Doubtful. Oo

Ar’Gorvalei took a deep breath to center himself and rang the captain’s door chime.

Captain Shayne’s voice resonated through the door before it slid open.

Shayne: Enter.

Ar’Gorvalei entered the captain’s ready room to find Captain Shayne perched cross-legged in his chair, a curious position for the captain but one he was quite familiar with from meditation,  often finding himself sitting cross-legged in his own chair without thinking.

Ar’Gorvalei: Captain, you wished to see me?

Shayne: Thank you for coming, Ensign. Please sit.

Ar’Gorvalei nodded and sat in the chair facing the captain’s desk.

Shayne: Care for something to drink?

Ar’Gorvalei: Mango juice would be wonderful, thank you.

Captain Shayne got up from his desk and turned his back to Ar’Gorvalei as he ordered the drink from the replicator.

Shayne: I admit, Mr. Ar’Gorvalei- I scheduled this meeting to get to know you just a little better. A strictly informal thing. Of course, that was before certain rumors reached my ears.

If Ar’Gorvalei could have blushed, he would have, but his ruddy complexion and Efrosian capillaries did not allow for it. Surely the captain was speaking of the incident at the restaurant. Unless the captain knew about his staggering back drunk from Ayemet’s quarters the other night.

oO How did I end up having so many things I could be called on the carpet for? Oo

He turned back around, and kept his face stony.

Shayne: Rumors of… an atacolypse.

The captain raised an eyebrow sardonically, but the pun went completely over Ar’Gorvalei’s head. Ar’Gorvalei bowed his head.

Ar’Gorvalei: Captain, I am so sorry. A man at the restaurant assaulted a waitress … Commander Serinus told them to desist. Instead, they attacked us, and one of them had a knife. I wouldn’t have broken his wrist otherwise. The other one had a chair. Witnesses confirmed to the authorities that they started the incident … it’s all in the report…

Ar’Gorvalei struggled to stop the flow of words pouring out of his mouth as he waited to hear the captain’s response.

Shayne: Response

TAG, TBC

Ensign Ar'Gorvalei

Medical Officer