Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus - Lunching and launching.

Joseph George

Jul 28, 2022, 3:36:56 AM7/28/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: The following takes place the day after the mission ends))

((IC))

((Security Complex, Deck 3, USS Arrow))

Artinus had just finished editing, and then submitting his mission report, and his stomach began to rumble. Looking at the PADD he noticed that it was five minutes before noon. He nodded to himself as he tapped his combadge.

Serinus: =/\= Serinus to Collins =/\=

Collins: =/\= Response =/\=

Serinus: =/\= Do you have plans for lunch? =/\=

Collins: =/\= Response =/\=

Serinus: =/\= Great. Would you meet you in the Mess hall in 15? =/\=

Collins: =/\= Response =/\=

Serinus: =/\= I'll see you there. Serinus out. =/\=

((Crew Mess, Deck 2, USS Arrow))

Artinus arrived ten minutes later, with Tlhiroghni' on her harness following beside. Since her injuries the day before, he wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.  The two of them moved  in stride, over to the replicator.

Serinus: Baked extra-spicy chicken breast, no skin, with jalapeno pinto beans, and bell pepper corn.

After rather peppered meal materialized on the replicator pad, the Security Chief took his plate and balanced it on his right hand and forearm, before ordering for Tlhiroghni'.

 Serinus: Klingon tuber mix 5, with Targ chow 7, very small bowl.

He grasped his pet's meal in his left hand, and wandered over to a free table, where he put down his plate first, before sitting down and laying the pet food under the table so that she would be out of the way. Then he waited, Tlhiroghni' unconcerned with, and probably unaware of, humanoid manners, began to help herself. By the time the other man had arrived, her meal was long gone. Artinus picked her bowl up, placed it beside his own plate, and then gingerly scooped her up and placed her in her lap.

Collins: Response

Artinus nodded a friendly greeting to his colleague and friend.

Serinus: Hello, tahnks for meeting me on such short notice.

Collins: Response

Serinus: I'm doing well, and Tlhiroghni' is healing up nicely, thanks to the wonders of modern medicine. How has your day been?

Collins: Response

He began to finally dine, starting out by cutting into his chicken, sawing a small piece off with his knife, and then bringing it to his mouth to chew. After several moments, he swallowed it. The capsaicin hitting the various parts of his mouth and throat in turn with a delightful burning punch. For the adventure loving Magna Roman palate, it was a veritable delight.

Serinus: That's just as spicy as advertised.

Collins: Response

Serinus: Oh no, it's not overwhelming. But then, I do have a pretty high pain tolerance.

Collins: Response

Serinus: For the rest of the day? Not all that much I had just submitted my mission report when I called you, and I have to do Ensign Jex'ath's onboarding interview at 1400. Other than that, just the usual PADDwork.

Collins: Response

Serinus: That's what I asked you here for actually. Have you given any more thought to our project to create an onboard recreation space?

Collins: Response

Tag/TBC

--

- Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus