Lt. j.g. Ar'Gorvalei - Saying Goodbye is the Hardest Part

1 view

Jamie Comeau

Jan 31, 2023, 11:35:38 AM1/31/23
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((USS Arrow, Deck 3, Room 9, Ar’Gorvalei’s Quarters))

Ar’Gorvalei stood in the center of his quarters, facing a small view screen. Nervously, he wiped his palms on his uniform, then took a deep breath, composing his features. Seeing his reflection in the blank screen, he brushed aside an errant strand of hair, then straightened his uniform.

Ar’Gorvalei: Computer, begin message. ::Speaking in Efrosian:: Mother, if you’re receiving this message, it’s because I’m dead, or otherwise missing and presumed deceased. Starfleet has probably already notified you, but I wanted to notify you myself as well.

Ar’Gorvalei closed his eyes and let out a deep breath.

Ar’Gorvalei: The circumstances of the mission I’m going on are likely classified, but just know that it is a rescue mission and lives are at stake. If I’ve failed to return, know that my life was freely offered as a sacrifice to save other lives, and that I will have died doing what I felt was right. Pray to the Bright Lady for me. ::Pause:: Give my love to my uncles, and to Cory. I … I love you, Mother.

Ar’Gorvalei: ::Federation Standard:: Computer, save message, filename Ull’Chuna, transmit to “home” in seven days unless Override Ar’Gorvalei Delta Seven Two Omega Delete. Send daily reminders starting in two days to my PADD.

Computer: Message Ull’Chuna saved.

Ar’Gorvalei paused, taking another deep breath, and glanced around his room. His eyes paused briefly on the levithi wood bo stick resting in the corner. Then he turned to face the screen again.

Ar’Gorvalei: Computer, begin message. Ayemet, if you’re receiving this message, it means … well, I’m sure you already know, being on the ship and all … I mean, you probably know better than I do how … ::Shakes head::  That’s not important. ::Pause:: I’m not saying it’s not important, but what I’m trying to say … ah …

Ar’Gorvalei closed his eyes in frustration, shaking his head.

Ar’Gorvalei: Computer, delete message.

Computer: Message deleted.

Ar’Gorvalei took one last look around his quarters, grabbed his PADD and his medical kit, and left the room.

NT, End of Act II for Ar'Gorvalei

Lieutenant j.g. Ar’Gorvalei

Medical Officer

U.S.S. Arrow