Lt Zenno - Tactical Seating Arrangements

Cobalt Penumbra

Apr 21, 2024, 4:44:39 PMApr 21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((DS33 Arboretum))

After assessing the layout of the room and the chairs, Zenno took up a seat in the starboard corner. Not that he needed a view of the ceremonies. He was more concerned with whenever the entire Senior Staff was together. It was tactically dangerous and he was one of the few people who paid attention to such things. It was, after all, part of the job description. So from here he could see the entrances, exits, and keep an eye on the rostrum at the front.

The Captain, somewhat tentatively to Zenno’s eye, took to the stage and cleared his throat. He seemed to surprise himself somehow with this before continuing.

Shayne: Here we are again.

An existentially beguiling beginning, Zenno thought.

Shayne: I have boxes for you. Commanders Water, Lieutenants Jacin, Zenno, Hobart, Ohnari and Ensign Zerva- step forward, preferably single file.

Zenno had no idea what this was about. His only contribution on this last mission had been to simulate a poor reaction to some Emisan food. It was embarrassing, but effective. In no way did he consider it a noteworthy achievement. He made his way up with everyone else.

Shayne: First allow, me to express my gratitude- it’s much easier to honor you at once, so by all means continue doing what you’re doing; but for the love of god, don’t do that for the Purple Heart.

The Bolian knew the Captain was fond of being a bit dramatic, so Zenno kept a neutral expression and let it play out.

Shayne: First contact is the single most dangerous duty and responsibility an officer can engage in, and it’s harder to imagine a task with more riding on a successful outcome. While it may not have necessarily been how we’d choose to become acquainted with the Emisan people, your conduct in extraordinary circumstances is deserving of the First Contact Ribbon. Congratulations.

Zenno took his box when offered from the Captain and graciously shook the offered hand while thinking “I will never tell anyone my first First Contact experience was all about faking bowel distress.”

Jacin/Zerva/Ohnari/Waters: Responses?

Shayne: Furthermore! As evidenced by your (relatively) safe return, and the overall success of our mission, I’m pleased to award each of you with the Diplomacy Ribbon, for your excellent representation of Starfleet values and negotiation. Congratulations.

Zenno certainly felt that he had not done so much on this mission to earn anything of note. Based on the reports Hobart, Ohnari, and Zerva had had a much harder time of things and he felt undeserving by comparison. But he was going to be gracious regardless.

Zenno: Thank you, Captain.

Jacin/Zerva/Ohnari/Waters: Responses?

Shayne: And now I release you. Fly, or risk further praise!

Always one to follow his orders, Zenno returned to his seat to keep an eye on the safety of the proceedings.

Tags/TBC

LT Zenno

Acting Security Chief

USS Arrow