Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus - Playing Minesweeper

1 view

Joseph George

Jan 30, 2023, 6:12:16 PM1/30/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Chief's Desk, Security Suite, Deck 3, USS Arrow))

After a few minutes, Jonesy arrived at the office and moved over to his desk.with the kind of military bearing and efficiency that Artinus held in high stead.

V. Jones: Chief Warrant Officer Vincent Jones reporting as ordered, sir.

Artinus gave the man a small smile, they'd seen some things together.

Serinus: Relax, Chief.

And relax he did, he'd never let one of his own be that casual with their body language, but they shared a special bond, forged in trauma, greif, and moving forward as best they could,

Serinus: Is the SFMC SAR team up for an adventure?

V. Jones: My team and I are prepped and ready for anything. What are we looking at?

Artinus nodded to the Warrant Officer, and brought up the  first of the maps they had extracted from the probe data.

Serinus: In that asteroid field is a planetoid.

Artinus slowly zoomed in the display until the entry of the mining complex was on display.

Serinus: On that planetoid is a mine, staffed by slave labor, some of it former Arrow crew, and their Sheliak overseers.  What we're looking at now, is the entrance. The doors are old Federation colony standard issue, so breach will be a non-issue. :

Jones: Response

He looked to the Marine to check that he was following along, and then continued, changing the display to the mapped out areas below..

Serinus: This system of caves stands between the entrance and the mining camp proper. The circled locations are prime ambush spots for either party, red for us, blue for them, containing plenty of cover . and/or high ground, and/or choke points.

Jones: Response

He joined the man in studying the layout. It was best to get as familiar as one could be with the map. After several moments, he went to the last map.

Serinus: Here we have the camp itself. 8 large prison units, This one ::he said as he pointed to the largest::seems to be the most secured, I imagine that it contains the headquarters detachment, and all that entails oOPaperwork, command infrastructure, arms roomOo  as well as containment for special prisoners.

Jones: Response

Seriinus: Our primary mission is extraction of the prisoners. Anything else is secondary, but in my opinion very welcome.

Who wouldn't want a juicy cache of intel, or weapons and other tech to reverse engineer?

Jones: The new XO asked for a detachment when I made him aware of your team. So I want you to get your best two or three ground game guys, and join us in holodeck 2 in ten for runthrough drills. The rest will stay aboard and offer the command team advisers, and if needbe a liason. We've got a few hours to nail this down.

Jones: Response

((Timeskip, mission time))

The holosimulations had gone as well as could be expected. Despite the very various variety of variables, they had mostly triumphed. After a few hours, they seemed to have a working knowledge of the tunnel system. They hadn't really gotten to see as much of the buildings, but their samish layouts were pretty standard for their usage.They had broken out a bit ago to all make their final preps are groups, or individuals.

((Main Shuttlebay, Deck 2, USS Arrow))

Captain Shayne, determined to put his own life on the line again, joined them once had was squared away, Their shuttle was packed and prepped, and so were their kits.

Shayne: Status, Mr. Serinus.

Serinus: Mission green, Captain.

The Captain made the I just ate a raw lemon face, and continued.

Shayne: Everyone ready?

Serinus: Yes, sir.

Dewitt/Ar’Gorvalei/Jones: Response

Captain Shayne's combadge rang, and he answered.

,Niac:  =/\= Niac to Shayne.  Captain, we're all set up here. =/\=

Shayne: =/\= Understood. Standby for our launch.=/\=

Niac:  =/\= Aye sir, good hunting.  You're clear for departure.  Arrow will be standing by waiting for you. Good luck, Captain.  =/\=

Shayne:  =/\= Thank you, Commander. =/\=    .

Shayne: Load up.

Serinus: Aye, Captain.

Artinus slid into seat, and offered a hand up to the following boarders.

Ar’Gorvalei/Dewitt/Jones: Response

Shayne: I suppose I should ask; anyone here confident at the helm? We’ll need a difficult approach, and it’s been a good while since I helmed a shuttle like this.

Artinus for his part, looked over to Jones and his team. If anyone was used to flying shuttles on solo missions, it would be one of those guys.

Dewitt/Ar’Gorvalei/Jones: Response

The pilot decided, and seated, the preparations began. Pre-lauh checks, engine firing, launch permission and such.

Dewitt/Ar’Gorvalei/Jones/Shayne: Response

As they finally escaped the shuttlebay, Artinus thought for a small moment how shamefully soon ago his own homeworld had abandoned chattel slavery, and how it's repercussions were still felt in the various socio-economic classes of the Magna Roman Republic.

Dewitt/Ar’Gorvalei/Jones/Shayne: Response

Tag/TBC

--

- Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus

   Chief of Security

   USS Arrow,

   NCC-69829

   Publicity Team/Social Media Team/Image Collective

   C239607AS0 -