Lieutenant jg Connor Dewitt - Authority Figures

Tim

Jan 28, 2023, 7:00:28 AM1/28/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Not my best today, sorry Cap... I'll probably leave my other tags for
tomorrow to have a better day! ))

((The Forge, USS Arrow))

Dewitt: So, is this your first assignment after the Academy?

Connor did not have the time to spend with the Ensign, nor did he have
the opportunity to investigate his file fully. After all, Connor was not
the head of engineering and was not responsible for all its officers.
The noise that followed from the Pahkwa-Thanh made Connor look up from
his workstation. He felt a slight shudder running down his spine. He
could only guess that it might be amusement. A laugh? He definitely had
to spend more time with certain engineering team members!

Ferentis: Lieutenant, with respect, how old do you believe I am?

Connor could not help but put on a wide grin. The tone of voice of
Ferentis had something amusing, almost mocking, about it.

Dewitt: You look no year older than 25... I guess.

The men both chuckled; at least, Connor supposed so.

Ferentis: I suppose I should be flattered, sir. Let me put it this way
for you, youthful superior; there are installations in the Museum of
Cosmological Archaeology that are younger than me.

Connor returned to his work, still a smile on his lips. He took his
resonance tuner to work on the replicated pieces.

Dewitt: Well, you seem to be full of surprises! So, give me a brief
summary of Ferentis before the Arrow? Did you arrive here when Captain
Shayne took command?

Ferentis: Response

Connor fixed up the most delicate parts of his work while listening to
Ferentis' words. While he was doing the delicate job, the power couplers
Ferentis put together were mainly heavy. Although the work had to be
done with as much diligence, the parts were bigger, and the work did not
need as much tact.

Dewitt: That's quite a history. ::just finishing up with the last step
of the resonator:: But much more interesting than anything from the
Museum of Cosmological Archeology... Not that I have ever been there.
::smiling::

Ferentis: Response

Dewitt: Once you are finished, take both pieces to the Cargo Bay. I'll
switch off the replicators and inform the Captain that we are done and
can end orange alert.

Ferentis: Response

Connor nodded. As there was not too much time to waste, he decided to
return to engineering after switching off the replicators. As he left
the Forge, another smile crossed his lips. He realized that he had been
called Sir by a fellow officer. He was not much of an authority figure,
but from time to time, it was something it felt good to get the
acknowledgment.

TAG/END for Connor

--
Lt.jg. Connor Dewitt