Cmdr. Karrod Niac - Involuntary House Calls

1 view

Karrod Niac

Jan 26, 2023, 11:57:41 PM1/26/23
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Turbolift 2, USS Arrow))

Karrod had been so focused on the complexities of tactical planning after he'd left his meeting in the Security Center that he'd walked into the turbolift without specifying a destination.  When a few moments passed and he belatedly realized that he wasn't moving, he scowled at himself and lowered the padd, finding some small measure of focus.  When he finally had, he spoke to the air.

Niac: =/\= Computer, locate Lieutenant J.G. Ar'Gorvalei. =/\=

The computer thought on this for a brief moment before replying.

Computer: =/\= Lt. Jg. Ar'Gorvalei is in Sickbay. =/\=

Karrod smirked at his good fortune and stepped off the still immobile turbolift, returning himself to Deck 3.  He'd been drilling himself for days to learn the layout of the ship and knew that sickbay was only a few sections away from the Security complex, albeit in the opposite direction.  As he grew more confident in his orienteering he picked up pace until he found himself walking into the ships tight but well appointed medical facility.  Nurses and technicians were going about routine duties as they, like everyone else on the crew, prepared for what lay ahead of them.  Karrod made a point to stay out of their way as they moved purposefully between storage lockers and equipment carts, making certain everything vital was close at hand.  After watching the organized chaos for a few moments, Karrod cleared his throat and took a more noticeable step inside.

Niac:  Lieutenant Ar'Gorvalei?  I need to speak with you.

The young officer materialized from some adjacent office and Karrod was briefly struck by their vivid alabaster hair and matching eyes.  He'd not served with many Efrosians but found their appearance striking.

Ar'Gorvalei:  Response

Karrod offered a hand.

Niac:  I need to discuss the upcoming mission with you.  Is there someplace we could talk privately?

Ar'Gorvalei:  Response

Karrod nodded and followed the man, leaving behind the flurry of activity in sickbay momentarily.  When they both had an opportunity to sit Karrod wasted no time on preamble.

Niac:  I'd like you to be a member of the landing party we're sending down, Lieutenant.  They need a medic and you're the best one we have.

Ar'Gorvalei:  Response

Karrod nodded in understanding.

Niac:  At ease, Mr. Ar'Gorvalei.  I want to hear what you think.  I'm aware this crew has no lack of...difficult history with the Sheliak.

Ar'Gorvalei:  Response

Tags/TBC!

Commander Karrod Niac
First Officer