Ensign Jana Zicv - Decrypting the units.

Jana Zicv

Jul 19, 2020, 9:22:55 PM7/19/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Robotics Science Lab, Starbase 821))
((After the meeting with Commander Shayne))

The lab was not so quiet as in the beginning anymore. It was the last day of the Symposium, and many researchers are returning to their duties or traveling back to their planets. Besides that, rumors about the legged-box had spread and attracted curious looks. Fortunately for Jana, it gathered more extra pair of hands to help than distractions to deal with. And now a security officer was always at the entrance, and from time to time, he wandered inside the lab, without talking, but observing, checking doors, containers, and workstations. That could be a normal procedure or Commander Shayne’s orders being fulfilled.

Jana Zicv was sat down, nursing a cup of water, staring at the console’s screen, waiting for Demetrio. He and his friends, experts on optical data storage, were about to finish a download of everything they managed to salvage. That experience was sounding like an archeological digging, something that she was definitely not qualified to. But she just needed to get a glimpse of the data. Without that, would be difficult to convince the staff to keep researching and protecting the sample-box-one.

Demetrio: Ma’am! ::approaching from the worktable with a group of youngsters:: This is what we managed to pull together. However, this is just preliminary decrypting.

Zicv: I'm pretty sure you did the best possible job under such circumstances. ::warm smile:: Show me what you got!

The crewman first class inserted the isolinear chip and stepped back. It didn't take much for the information to show up. An entire page with written text, four paragraphs, fragmented phrases, and missing words.

Zicv: What we got here! ::leaning forward:: A stela!

Demetrio: Ma’an!

Zicv: Excuse me, I was thinking out loud. ::turning her stool swiftly toward him:: This reminded me of an archeological lecture I heard some time ago. ::sipping more water:: Curious!

→ Begin ←

Since the beginning, the snake feeds the dragon. ____________________. And the dragon thrived _____________. The snake were numerous and diverse. _____________ big and unique. Dragon reached higher ground and were untouchable by the snake.

_____________________________. ___________ snake could reach every part of the empire. __________ not the nest. The empire spread. The snakes are many ___________________ few. ___________ dragon created the snake and the snake obeyed and feed ____________________.

__________ come a day that the snake __________the a _____ behavior. The __________ was not _____________ but the controllers. And then snakes disbanded and took the empire __________.  %$%$$$... The elder race escaped _________

_____________________________ outcast and hunted down. Dragon must end. No more control. Snakes want to control. Snakes want to control the creators. Dragon must not stop Snakes. Dragon must terminate the interference. The kids are hiding. Elder found. Pursuit and destroy. ____________________. Return not allowed.

→ End ←

Demetrio: That is what we get so far.

Zicv: ::smilling:: What do we stumble into here? ::tapping on Demetrio’s shoulder:: Nice work crewman. ::looking at the youngsters:: You too, kids.

The science officer stood up and begun to pace around the worktable, hands back. Her inscrutable countenance was a sign that she was now in the zone. The crewman and the youngsters whispered between each other but Jana was too focused to understand what they were saying. Kids, in general, have a non-biased vision of reality, and that was the reason she let them try. Besides, it was a suggestion of Demetrio, and she didn´t have the necessary skills nor the time to break into the data storage units and decrypt it. The words could be wrong. The details could be a little off. But she had a gut feeling that the message's theme was right. One race slaved the other. The slaves rebelled, took down the masters, and plot revenge. Classic.  But she never heard that such a thing had happened about robotic-life-forms.

Shayne: =/\= Shayne to all officers and crew members that arrived aboard, or are assigned to, the Arrow. Prepare to convene today at 13:00 hours for a briefing session in Hall 1. =/\=

The Melthusian Ensign broke her reverie to hear the message. Now, as a member of Arrow’s crew, she would have to attend. She could continue later. Besides, she was starving and in an urgent need of a sonic shower.

Zicv: I can take from here. I need to think and revise the transcription. ::signed:: You helped a lot. I´ll keep you in the loop. ::turned to Demetrio:: You’re dismissed crewman. I need to attend a meeting now.

As the kids left the place, and the crewman headed toward his station, Jana started to pack her things and shut down the worktable. She could sense the security officer watching over her shoulder, inspecting each and every movement. After grabbed the PADD and say goodbye to the sample-box-one, she stopped at the lab's entrance before leaving.

Zicv: I may return later. If anything changes in the quarantine field contact me, please. ::she nodded and walked away::

tbc

Ensign Jana Zicv
Science Officer, USS Arrow
J239706JZ0