MSNPC First Hallack - A Twin Dilemma

1 view

Jamie Comeau

Nov 22, 2022, 12:16:31 PM11/22/22
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Saracen, Bridge))

First Hallack fumed as he angrily swiped at a bubble of water that floated in front of his face. His attempt to bat at it only served to send himself off-course, however, as he attempted to deal with the lack of gravity on the Saracen.

 oO Am I second in command to the future leader of the unified tribes of the Chalnoth people or am I nothing but a glorified babysitter to entitled brats? Oo

 As soon as Messoq had left the ship – for who knows where? – they, the terrible twins, Messoq’s brood, had escaped confinement – how? – sabotaged the ship’s communications and environmental controls, and unlocked the transporter. He had a feeling he knew where they were now, and was only slightly relieved they were no longer wreaking havoc on his ship.

oO How could they have done all of this? Were they acting on their own, or did they have help? Oo

He reached out and grabbed onto a railing to keep himself from floating further onto the bridge.

Hallack: Environmental, how close are we to getting artificial gravity back online?

The Chalnoth manning the environmental station shook her head and slammed her fist into the console she had strapped herself to.

Suddenly, the artificial gravity returned, and Hallack found himself dropping to the floor with an audible thump. The ambient humidity, which had also increased, forming pockets of water in the air, now also fell in sudden pools of water.

Hallack grabbed onto the railing and dragged himself to his feet, soaking wet. Still clutching the rail, he turned to communications.

Hallack: Are communications back online?

Chalnoth Communications Officer: Yes, sir.

Hallack: Get me the Arrow. Arrow, this is the Saracen.

Hallack knew he must look a ridiculous mess. He didn’t care.

Jones/Bridge: Response

Hallack: We’ve been having some … technical difficulties. You wouldn’t happen to have seen … two young Chalnoth cubs, have you?

Jones/Bridge: Response

Hallack: ::Hopefully:: Do you have them in custody?  ::Pause:: Is that … snow?

Jones/Bridge: Response

Hallack: ::Sighs:: Permission to come aboard? To help deal with the … problem. They are, unfortunately, my responsibility.

Jones/Bridge: Response

((Timeskip))

((USS Arrow - Deck 6; Starboard Bow Bar))

Hallack entered the dimly lit room to find four humans, three males and one female with a mane of long, red fur. One of the males, overweight and wearing a security uniform, jumped and pointed a phaser rifle in his direction when Hallack entered the room, the other a second behind, and with an audible squeek.

Hallack: ::Hands in air, to Scully and Hitchcock:: I mean no harm, I’m here to help.

Wilde/Manx: Response

Hallack: I am Hallack, first of Messoq and second in command of the Saracen. I am seeking the cubs of Messoq. Mr. Jones had indicated you might have them contained here. ::Looks around:: Where are they?

Wilde/Manx: Response

Hallack: They appear to have escaped … protective custody on the Saracen, sabotaged ship systems as a prank and transported here. They are very clever, but this … this is beyond what I would expect…

Wilde/Manx: Response

MSNPC First Hallack

As Simmed by

Lieutenant j.g. Ar’Gorvalei