Lieutenant Khatri Darshana - A New Arrival

Quinn Reynolds

Mar 11, 2019, 1:46:57 PM3/11/19
to Apollo (IC)

((Main Foyer, Yunamax Hote))

::After gathering what information they needed from the security centre, Shana and her team had beamed down to the hotel where the diplomats were staying. She had a tricorder on one hip, a phaser on the other, and a PADD in her hand that stowed the hotel plans, and other data they had found.

::The foyer was rather ostentatious, filled with pastel colours and ornate architecture — the most prominent of which was a grand staircase. It was all very different to what she was used to at home, their buildings simple, rugged constructions filled with bright colours and geometric patterns. She glanced toward the musician plucking at some kind of stringed instrument, the soft notes it was producing a pleasant background noise, then toward the departing backs of Fairhug's team as they were ushered toward and into the staff area.::

D'fini: What a place. Just give a comfy bed and I'm fine.::Looking around, trying to get a feel for the place and the people that wanted to stay here. She did like the stair case even if was just too much for its actual purpose to transport people from one level to another.::

Williams: Response

Khatri: I believe the hotel's security centre would be a good place to begin. We can assess their coverage, and determine where we need to station additional personnel and surveillance.

D'fini: Perhaps a couple should tend to blend into the surroundings if possible.

Williams: Response

::Shana paused to think for a few moments. Of course they had to speak with the people in charge of security, but the people on the ground often had some unique insights and observations to offer.::

Khatri: Agreed. A subtle word with the regular security staff could prove very useful. Perhaps while I speak with one of the managers?

D'fini: Alright we can meet you back here in a few minutes. Perhaps get some ideas for the personnel. ::She glanced down at her PADD, then gestured toward one of the doors leading away from the foyer.:: We will get started.

Williams: Response

::The tell-tale whine and shimmer of a confinement beam drew Shana's attention. She had been informed that there was another member of their team due to arrive, and she steeled herself, chin raising a little, shoulders down. After what had happened in the shuttlebay during the Admiral's— kidnap? Visitation? She didn't quite know what to call it — the Iridian wasn't sure how she felt about having the man under her command again.

::Still, orders were orders, and he had been cleared for duty. There was no reason to distrust either his ability or the decisions of those who had said he was again fit to serve. And she was aware that no small part of her discomfort came from how her own feelings about how she'd handled the situation.

::The shimmer of the transporter faded, leaving the tall man standing on the rich, polished floor of the hotel. She offered him a nod of greeting, determined not to let her concern and uncertainties show.::

Khatri: Ah, Lieutenant Cain. ::She paused.:: Welcome back.

D'fini/Williams/Cain: Response

::She seemed to recall some degree of fondness between D'fini and Cain, while they had been investigating the Admiral's quarters. No doubt they were pleased to see one another again.::

Khatri: We were just about to head to the security centre. Our intention is to determine what existing security arrangements are in place, and what we can do to support them.

::She passed him a PADD, a spare one she had brought along specifically for his arrival. It contained much of the information they had researched, including floor plans of the buildings they needed to secure.::

D'fini/Williams/Cain: Response

--
Lieutenant Khatri Darshana
Chief of Security