Lieutenant Khatri Darshana - Boots on the Ground

Quinn Reynolds

Mar 8, 2019, 2:27:14 PM3/8/19
to Apollo (IC)
((Bridge, USS Apollo))

::After the briefing, Shana filed out with many of the other officers. The pair assigned to her small team navigated their way toward her as they left, and Williams turned around, walking backwards as he addressed the two. Hopefully he wouldn't trip over the ramps or stairs that created the multi-level bridge.::

Williams: Oke, sir, what's the plan?

Khatri: I would like to go into the situation prepared. We could use some background information on the location and the diplomats. The security centre would seem a good place to gather it.

Williams: ::He nodded.:: Oke meet you there.

Khatri: Let us walk together. ::She gestured toward the turbolift, walking alongside Williams and D'fini.:: I believe we should look at the existing security arrangements. They may shed light on where vulnerabilities lie.

D'fini: We can do complete scan of the area. Might show something unusual.

::Shana nodded to the science officer, grateful for the input. A security operation this might be, but a science officer would come at the situation at a different angle, and that insight could prove very useful.::

Williams: Scan sounds like a good idea, I recommend we request a complete layout plan of the hotel.

Khatri: Indeed. ::She stepped into the turbolift.:: The difficulty is likely to be providing protection for people hostile to the idea that we are providing it.

D'fini: I think in this situation, perhaps we can frame it in a way they think the idea came from them and we agree to it. Might be a good buy in.

::Shana looked at D'fini for a moment, a smile catching on her lips, and she nodded in approval.::

Williams : And how can we achieve that, Miss D'fini? Lift, Security center, deck 2.

::At his command, the turbolift hummed into action, lights flickering past the small portholes as it traversed the deck.::

D'fini: Response

Williams: ::Williams nodded, glancing toward Shana.:: Well, it sounds like an option. Perhaps I can contact Lieutenant Commander Fairhug, he might be able to get us an image or floor plan of the hotel? I’m pretty sure he’s down there already.

Khatri: That seems unlikely, Lieutenant. ::After all, the briefing had ended only a few minutes ago, and when they had left the holoconference room, Fairhug had been heading toward his office.:: We should attempt to obtain the information ourselves, before troubling anyone else. Commander Fairhug has his own assignment to attend to.

((Thirty Minutes Later — Main Foyer, Yunamax Hote))

::After gathering what information they needed from the security centre, Shana and her team had beamed down to the hotel where the diplomats were staying. She had a tricorder on one hip, a phaser on the other, and a PADD in her hand that stowed the hotel plans, and other data they had found.

::The foyer was rather ostentatious, filled with pastel colours and ornate architecture — the most prominent of which was a grand staircase. It was all very different to what she was used to at home, their buildings simple, rugged constructions filled with bright colours and geometric patterns. She glanced toward the musician plucking at some kind of stringed instrument, the soft notes it was producing a pleasant background noise, then toward the departing backs of Fairhug's team as they were ushered toward and into the staff area.::

D'fini/Williams: Response

Khatri: I believe the hotel's security centre would be a good place to begin. We can assess their coverage, and determine where we need to station additional personnel and surveillance.

D'fini/Williams: Response

::Shana paused to think for a few moments. Of course they had to speak with the people in charge of security, but the people on the ground often had some unique insights and observations to offer.::

Khatri: Agreed. A subtle word with the regular security staff could prove very useful. Perhaps while I speak with one of the managers?

D'fini/Williams: Response

--
Lieutenant Khatri Darshana
Chief of Security