Cmdr Ruane -Time for a closer look

Renos SB118

Mar 13, 2019, 4:22:16 PM3/13/19
to Apollo IC

((Yunamax Hotel, New Talax))

::Gogi had called ahead and arranged to speak with the manager of the Yunamax, though the tone of her voice had made it sound as though the whole experience was an inconvenience for her. No doubt she was a busy woman and even more so since a murder had been committed in one of her rooms - a murder that could derail historic negotiations with a potentially hostile species - but the Bardeezan had still expected her to be more sympathetic to his mission, somehow.

The team had arrived into a rather grand foyer, with an ornate staircase and plush seating all around in soft pastel colours. A musician stood in one corner of the room, playing some kind of stringed Talaxian instrument that Gogi wasn't familiar with - though the notes it produced were soothing and had a certain optimistic whimsy to them. It was all a far cry from what was no doubt taking place in Garan Graq's room at this very moment.

After a brief discussion with a very helpful young, female, Talaxian guest relations attendant, Gogi and his team were ushered into a surprisingly small office around the back of the front desk. It was impossibly neat, with salmon pink walls and plants dotted around, no doubt in an effort to foster a somewhat relaxing environment to offset the hectic day-to-day business of running the most prestigious hotel on New Talax.

Gogi wandered around the small room, looking at the plants, while Flixic, the manager, sat straight-backed in a chair facing the Starfleet officers.::

Flixic: Response

::He stopped and turned to face the woman. From what he knew of Talaxians, their hospitality rivalled that of Bardeezans, yet this one seemed to be fulfilling only the minimum requirements in that field.::

Fairhug: Pardon the intrusion, as we discussed, the Apollo has been charged with investigating the untimely death of Mr. Garan Graq. I assure you, we won't take up any more of your time than is necessary.

Flixic: Response

::Was this woman truly in a hurry to get on with her duties? Or was she hiding something? Gogi wondered what the others were thinking, but it wasn't long until he got some idea.::

Malko: We have reason to believe there was an unwanted entry into Mr. Graq's room. :: projecting loudly into the lobby:: Surely you would want to know of any weakness in your hotel's security?

::The Counselor was already showing his diplomatic skills. Gogi hoped the approach would bare fruit. It was a surprising tactic coming from the usually genial officer Gogi had come to know aboard the Apollo, but it was a good one. Flixic was clearly a proud woman and strong, it was reasonable to assume she would rise to a challenge of her skills and authority.::

Flixic: Response

Adler:  Well, I'm sure the quicker we find what we're all looking for, the sooner business can proceed as usual, and future guests will see you as the hotel manager who stands firmly on the side of their well being under your roof.

::Gogi smiled. Adler's tact seemed to be showing Flixic that they were on her side, also a good move, but were someone to ask him to assign good cop/bad cop roles, Malko and Adler would certainly have been the other way round.::

Flixic: Response

Malko: Just a few questions so we can establish a timeline and clear any innocent parties. Who was on staff last night? And, what was their last interaction with Mr. Graq?

Flixic: Response

Malko: Thank you. We have no reason to suspect your employee's involvement in this matter - and their cooperation will help keep it that way.

Adler:  oO Uh-oh. Oo Or do you have a record through the staff of Mr. Graq's most recent activity - diplomatic or otherwise - and who else may have been with him at the time?  A hotel like this tends to keep excellent records, and witnesses could be butlers, waiters, room service, cleaners … Anyone, really.

Flixic: Response

Adler:  Thank you, ma'am.

Malko: Responses

Flixic: Response

Fairhug: Thank you, ma'am, you've been most helpful. I hope you don't mind if we continue our investigation?

Flixic: Response

Fairhug: Thank you, again. We'll try to stay out of the way.

::He gestured for Adler and Malko to follow him back into the main foyer and once they had, he spoke with a hushed tone so as to make sure the nearby front desk employees couldn't hear what was being said.::

Fairhug: Impressions?

Malko: Responses

Adler:  It's a start.

Fairhug: I agree. At least we have a name, that's something to go on.

Adler:  And now we get down to business.

Malko: Response

::The employee Flixic had mentioned was the last member of the Yunamax staff to see Garan Graq alive to her knowledge. Perhaps they would be able to shed some light on the Numiri diplomat's mood, last movements and anyone he may have come into contact with.::

((Yunamax Hotel - Executive Suite))

::Stood in the middle of a crime scene, now riddled with little tags marking every footprint, thanks to sh’zatrahr’s fine work. The Andorian hybrid had photographed the entire crime scene and body as well, then headed to the function room to help finalise preparations of the hololab ahead of their transport of the body. The expression on the victim’s face suggested he had been conscious before he died and that it hadn’t been a pleasant experience. There was no blood, defensive wounds or bruises that they could see. This was no violent knife or gun crime. He hadn’t been bludgeoned to death.::

::Ruane had asked the doctor to do a preliminary medical examination. There might be things she wanted to record before they moved the body. Or there might be things about the body that meant one method or another of transport may be unsuitable. Ruane didn’t want to risk damaging any delicate evidence with a transporter transfer.::

Ruane: I think it would make the most sense to start with the body. Before we move it, we need to make sure we get adequate pictures for reference later. Sh'zatrahr, I’d like you to photograph the body and the scene. Then, we need to lay down markers at every item, and clue you can find. We’ll want to remove and examine many of the items in here.

::Ruane could already see a number of interesting items. A half-finished glass of something sat on the bedside table. Water? Something with a bit more kick? There were a number of datapads lying around too, what secrets did they hold? Getting all the data off them might require some help from their technically minded Andorian hybrid. Her sharp eyes and problem-solving abilities would be just as important as the rest of the team’s in putting this mystery together.::

Dar: Commander Ruane. This glass does contain some residuals of a sedative or toxin of some kind. However, I am not able to obtain any further information. It leads to the suspicion though, that our victim has been sedated or maybe intoxicated. Unless they took the substance by their own account. Diplomats at times are known for such actions due to extensive stress related to their work.

Ruane: Yes good point. It would be easy to assume foul play, wouldn’t it, but we do have to keep all possibilities in mind. Take a sample for analysis at the lab, let me know if anything else catches your attention.

Ruane: P’au, Dar, I want you to do a preliminary examination of the body and tell me what you find.

Dar: Yes, Commander.

P’au: P’au: There are a few questions I have that can only be solved in an autopsy. :: She stood up.::

Ruane: Once the engineers report to me, we’ll be able to move the body to the lab to run more in-depth tests and analysis. I’ll help comb and process the scene for other clues that warrant further investigation.

Ruane: I understand, and I expected as much. We should be able to transport the body in a few minutes. I just need you to work out the best means of doing so and whether a site to site transport would be safe.

::And not destroy any fine or delicate evidence.::

P’au: Response

::That was good enough for her and settled the matter of how they would move the body.::

Ruane: Very well. I think sh’zatrahr has bagged all of the evidence now, so let’s get to the lab.

((Hololab))

::Inside the lad, the body lay on a long wide table, where an overhead sensor suite and various tools were available to run almost every test and scan imaginable. Adjacent to it was a variety of scientific equipment, from high powered microscopes, to drug testing kits.::

Ruane: P’au please focus on the body and complete a full autopsy.

P’au: Response

Ruane: Dar, please focus on the other items of evidence - what do you think should be prioritized first?

Dar: Response

Commander Ruane - Acting Commanding Officer

Simmed by:-

Rear Admiral Renos

Commanding Officer - USS Apollo-A

Executive Council & Captain's Council Member

A238805EB0