Lt. JG Rebecca Iko - Because Why Not?

Zenia Emba

Nov 4, 2022, 6:33:45 AM11/4/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Bluegums Biome, Peace Park, Amity Outpost))

Hopper: Lieutenant Iko?

Bec attempted to jump down to greet Robbie, accidentally landing butt-first (followed by an elbow) onto Gumtree bark and dried leaves and bottlebrushes that covered the grass.

Hopper: ::Holding it in::  Oh my god! Are you..  ::small snort::  ..okay?

She smiled at her own clumsines

Iko: Uhm… Hi. ::wiping the scrape on her elbow before pointing towards the tree with her thumb:: I’m usually better than that…

And she was. Bec had climbed many-a-tree during childhood, and the activity of doing such continued as she went to the academy and now here at amity. And she’d only fallen out of a tree and actually required medical treatment once. Hops shook her head and helped Bec up, looking at one of the best climbing trees that Peace Park had to offer (that weren’t already taken up by balls of eucalyptus-eating fluff.

Hopper: ::Hand on hips::  Huh.

Iko: Anyway, Robbie, what brings you ‘round here?

Robin smiled..

Hopper: Hmm? Oh!  ::Indicating her casual outfit::  Just doing some wandering. Thinking. Trying to get the lay of the land, you know? I feel like I’ve barely seen any of the station yet, it’s so massive… I mean, I think I’m going to freeze my buns off while I walk through the Lor’Vela biome, but I want to see it all the same.

Iko: Oh that place is cold! ::whispering:: What you really should do is take the inner path after Mackinac and avoid the freezing stretch altogether. ::pause, pointing to the replicator under the Barbeque, normal volume:: Or replicate a jacket. Whichever one you want.

Hopper: Hold up.  ::Arms crossed, sly grin::  You can’t ask me what I’m doing here and not explain why you were in a tree.

Bec rocked on her feet before replying.

Iko: Uhm… ::shrugging:: Honestly, because I could. ::pause to think:: Yeah, yeah no other reason.

Hopper: Well I’ll never begrudge anyone getting closer to nature - however works for them.  ::Looking over her shoulder::  Actually, I have an idea. I don’t know if you’d be interested in it at all, but I feel like there might be an opportunity here in the park for something.

Bec raised her eyebrows, intrigued.

Iko: Do tell.

Hopper: Well, you know how Blue Gums has a barbecue area, right? And the Subtropical Biome has the Betazed Gardens…?

Iko: Uh-huh…

Hopper: I’m picturing a community garden slash agricultural space – maybe in the Mackinac biome? A little dedicated place for the folk who live and work on Amity to come together and grow their own produce. It could be fun, educational, and… you know… a chance to connect with nature. What do you think?

Bec paused to think for a moment before she responded.

Iko: I’m in.

Hopper: Response

Iko: Yes, I’m serious. ::gesturing with head:: Shall we head over?

Hopper: Response

Bec reached up and grabbed one of the tree’s branches.

Iko: And we do not speak of how this tree betrayed me.

Hopper: Response

--
Lt. JG Rebecca Iko

Security Officer