[END ACT ONE] Tyler Carcetti: Hard Truths

Roshanara Rahman

Nov 9, 2021, 9:35:22 PM11/9/21
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Mining Rig, Asteroid 6585 Poseidon))

Ukinix: Mr Carcetti? ::offering hand::  I’m Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix, Starfleet attaché to the Federation Diplomatic Corp on Amity.  ::Gesturing:: This is Commander Core, Lieutenant Ariadust, Lieutenant Reade, Ensign Iko, and I’m assuming you know the mining supervisor Michael Rubio.

Carcetti: ::Accepting handshake:: Welcome to six-five-eight-five.  ::Looking out of windows at Angels, unimpressed tone:: I see you brought some mo-mo friends with you. ::Half jokingly:: We’ll have to abandon the asteroid at this rate.

Ukinix: Yeah.  About that… um, have you ever heard of a species called the “Hawlats” by any chance?

Rubio: The Federation, being the diplomatic, peaceful and wanting the best for everyone people they are, are trying to accommodate us and the people who worship these things. They even call them Angels! - the people who worship the Mo-Mo's that is.

Ariadust: .... ::stares blankly at Rubio.::

Ukinix: Response

Reade: ::shaking hand:: Thanks for letting us come aboard.

Carcetti: I don't know anything about "Hawlats" or angels. And I don't think it should matter! We scouted this benamite crystal field for nearly a year before we set up shop here! There were no signs of these creatures. It's not like we just wandered onto some sort of sanctuary.

Rubio: We have ourselves a situation, where no-one will win.

Iko: There would be a way.

Ariadust: So if they're playing with the drones.. around the asteroids.. can't we just put some drones around asteroids no one has any interest in and let them play there? Or ::thinking:: There's enough medium in this protoplanetary nebula to make vibrations carry a bit.. I wonder if that's the key.

Ukinix: Response

Reade: There could be a way to move them around, but I am unsure if the Hawlat would like that.

Iko: We just have to find it.

Ukinix: Response

Reade: Indeed, now what should we do.

Ariadust: Well. If it's mining operations, we need to find a way to simulate it. If it's just that they like to play with objects in their path, we need to make it repellent without harming them or the operations. Personally, I think we should try to place drones for them to play with elsewhere, and create mining like vibrations there.

Iko/Ukinix: Response

Reade: That could work.

Ariadust: Failing that, we could ask Amity for assistance or ask the pilgrims... carefully.. since they're going to be .. well, upset, we're messing with their sacred animals.

Carcetti: Sounds like these Hawlat are being unreasonable. You can't just wander in and claim "religious reasons" and deprive people of their livelihood!

Ukinix: Response

A message from the Independence came through to Ukinix from Lt. Commander Ivanova.

Ivanova: =/\= Excuse me commander, but we're receiving a hail from Amity. It's the Ambassador. She wants us to return ASAP and brief you on the developing situation with the Hawlat. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Response =/\=

Ivanova: =/\= Aye, sir. =/\=

When the com closed, Carcetti looked back at the Starfleet commander.

Carcetti: You tell that Ambassador that without us out here doing our jobs, she might as well just pack her bags and head back to Betazed because there's no way Starfleet or anyone else from the other side of the galaxy is going to be able to mount any expeditions without the benamite here. Just something for her to keep in mind.

Ukinix: Response

Iko/Reade/Ariadust/Rubio: Response

TAG! END ACT ONE

Tyler Carcetti