Lt. Robin Hopper: Trick or Treat?

Robin Hopper

Nov 1, 2022, 9:29:15 PM11/1/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Copernicus Center, Holodeck 1 – 0928 Hours))

Robin sipped on her ‘freshly squeezed’ California orange juice – a combination of words she highly doubted, given their extraordinary distance from fresh California oranges – as she approached the holodecks on Level Five of Amity’s Copernicus Center. She’d had little time, thus far, to explore areas of the station beyond the Mezzanine, Peace Park, Habitat Ring, and Science and Research Center and was glad to be called in to do something ‘different’ – even if it was during her scheduled time off from work.

Since Commander Ukinix had indicated this was some sort of ‘training exercise’, she had donned her uniform – though the large transparent cup of juice gave away the more casual nature of her schedule for that day. Spotting the Commander up ahead, enjoying a morning snack, she offered him a friendly wave while she slurped.

Ukinix(H): Mmm, delicious.

Hopper: ::Walking up beside him::  ‘Morning Commander!  ::Sipping OJ, then pointing with her cup towards the Holodeck arch::  This is unexpected.

She then spotted some of the other assembled officers approaching from the opposite direction and smiled in their direction.

Hopper: ::Quitely to Ukinix with a sly smile::  Quite the mystery!

Ukinix(H): Response? (Optional)

Iovianus/S’Raga/Iko/Wong/Richards/Reade: Responses

As Ensign Richards arrived, Robin offered him the same courteous and professional greeting as she gave all the others, though she was sure that if anyone were studying her face they would have seen her blushing. She did her best to hide behind her large cup of juice – not that it would do much good – and push her personal thoughts away… glad that nobody in the group was a telepath.

Ukinix finished the last part of his donut, then addressed the group to officially get their exercise started.

Ukinix(H): G’day team!  Thanks for coming.

Iovianus/S’Raga/Iko/Wong/Richards/Reade: Responses

Hopper: Alright, alright, I can’t be the only one who doesn’t want to keep standing around out here.  ::Grinning::  What’s going on? Can we go in?

Ukinix(H): Yeah there’s something specific planned, so just head into the holodeck, we’ll be able to begin the program in a few minutes.  ::Clapping hands together:: All will be revealed.  In the meantime, I’ve got a tray of donuts from Circles of Delight in there for you, go grab one.

Iovianus/S’Raga/Iko/Wong/Richards/Reade: Responses

As the others went inside, Robin eyed the Commander with intrigue, wondering if he was the type of Officer to ‘trick’ them into a false sense of security with the offer of donuts – or if he was simply offering them a ‘treat’. Thinking back to the bag of marshmallows he had brought with them to Idrustix, she put her money on the latter and stepped through the arch fearlessly.

Hopper: If there’s a Boston Cream left in there, I wouldn’t be mad!

Ukinix(H)/Iovianus/S’Raga/Iko/Wong/Richards/Reade: Responses

TBC

((OOC Note – Since there’s a lot of people tagged here and we don’t know the exercise yet, I’m not pushing the scene forward beyond this point for now.))

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)
Chief Science Officer, Amity Outpost
V239806K11