Ambassador Rivi Vataix: Punishment

Roshanara Rahman

Aug 12, 2023, 11:11:51 AM8/12/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Shuttlebay 4, “The Cellar”, Amity Outpost))

Since returning to Amity Outpost and the "home" universe at large, time had seemingly flown by, with Ambassador Rivi Vataix returning to her office to find a mountain of PADDwork had steadily compiled in her absence.

And of course, with her orders to her aide Keehani Ukinix to take the week off--which the dutiful young woman would never, *ever*, ever think of disobeying...--well, that meant that mountain wasn't going to climb itself.

So, Rivi had a checklist of tasks--or rather in this case... of names.

And a certain tinkerer was next on her list.

With her PADD in one hand and a banana orange smoothie in the other, Rivi entered the small shuttlebay 4 and made her way over to where she sensed and heard voices.

Richards: What do you say, Wil? Wanna help me put something together to get Rivi’s approval? I agree that a vehicle replicator would benefit the Outpost in a lot of ways. ::Looking towards shuttlebay doors:: It could really change some things.

Ukinix: Response

Richards: We wouldn’t need to wait for aid from Starfleet with replacement equipment so much. We could make almost anything we needed right here on the Outpost.

Ukinix: Response

Emerging from behind a crate of supplies, Rivi beamed a wide smile at the two men.

Vataix: Hello!

Richards/Ukinix: Response

Pleased at her entrance, the blonde ambassador took a step forward and a sip from her smoothie before pressing a check box next to Nathan's name.

Vataix: You two boys aren't being naughty down here, are you?

Ukinix: Response

Richards: Response

Her smile turned into a smirk.

Vataix: Mmmm-hmmmm. Well, anyway, speaking of naughty, Nathan, I believe I first owe you my... condolences on the Targhee. I know how much work you put into that shuttle.

Richards: Response

Rivi nodded and then put her smoothie down on a nearby crate before pulling something out of her pocket, keeping it hidden in her palm.

Vataix: Well, obviously I don't have another shuttle with me, but... as you humans say, "A pleasant treat can be found within a modest box."

Richards/Ukinix: Response

She opened her palm as she stepped closer to Nathan, revealing a solid lieutenant pip to replace his hollow lieutenant junior grade's pip.

Vataix: If you'll allow me?

Richards: Response

She exchanged the black pip on his uniform jacket with the new one she'd brought with her, making sure his final two pips were perfectly aligned, like she was getting him ready for the first day of school.

Vataix: As Amity Outpost's chief of mission and your commanding officer, I'm happy to promote you to the rank of full lieutenant for your exemplary service. Congratulations, Lieutenant Nathan!

Richards: Response

Ukinix: Response

TAG! TBC...

Ambassador Rivi Vataix
Chief of Mission and Commanding Officer, Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
I238705TZ0