MSPNPC Prarim: Angel’s Milk

Keegan Flick-Parker

Nov 4, 2021, 2:53:49 PM11/4/21
to Amity Outpost

((OOC - Based on Rahman’s guidance that we should assume Rivi is sitting quietly and not speaking, I’ve skipped ahead to the first unfilled tag in the scene that is not exclusively for Vataix))

((Amity Outpost - Conference Room))

Prarim: This is a difficult matter. As you know, we follow the Angels where they will us to go. Centuries ago, our people looked to the stars for salvation and found an answer. Since then, we have constructed vessels to carry us to greener pastures of the spirit and the Angels have never led us astray… But that has not prevented other, unenlightened, species from taking advantage of our peacefulness. We’ve lost many ships, many pilgrims… and our records are scattered and broken.

Taven: But Luminary…

Prarim turned to face Taven with a zealous look in his eye that gave the Acolyte pause. Now was not the time for theological questions or doubt. Too much was at stake.

McLaren: I see what you mean. But this does cause some issues for the mining operations stationed on Amity.

The Luminary’s mouth tightened, the hint of a grimace on his face. If that was all these people cared about, then perhaps history would simply repeat itself.

J.Carter: It is regrettable that some have taken advantage of your peaceful nature. We in the Federation abhor such behavior and we do all we can to insure that your rights and freedoms are protected.

Orrey: He is correct you should not be penalized for your beliefs, I believe we can all agree on that can we not? ::He looked at McLaren specifically as he finished his comment.::

Prarim looked to the mining overseer, McClaren, and raised a bushy eyebrow in anticipation of her response. If she agreed, then he would hold her - and the other miners - to that assurance.

McLaren: ::looking towards Dr.Orrey:: I 100% agree with Dr.Orrey and Mr.Carter’s comments, but this is causing mining issues as I stated earlier. We can hopefully work together to find a peaceful resolution to your problem.

Prarim nodded. oO Good to have that on record. Oo

Vataix/Daniels: Response

Prarim: You ask much of us but provide little reassurance. I understand your people are already investigating options outside of this diplomatic chamber, studying the Angels with your scientific instruments and intimidating them with your warships… Far too many times we have faced situations like this only to find our words falling on deaf ears, our concerns pushed aside, and our people mistreated and persecuted. We’ve learned to be careful about what we share with outsiders.

The Hawlat stood, holding his hands up in the air and closing his eyes. He began humming, a deep rolling sound that emanated from his barrelled chest. He was soon joined by Acolyte Taven. Had he not been deep in meditation, he might have smiled that Taven joined him. Hope was not yet lost for the Acolyte - though Prarim did at times feel as if the Great Spirit were testing him through Taven.

J.Carter: The Federation is based on cooperation and respect between hundreds of member worlds, united in the principles of mutual honor and the shared belief that despite our differences, we stand together as one for peace and exploration. The Federation is not to be feared…we are your allies.

Vataix/Daniels: Response

McLaren: I cannot fully speak for the Federation, but they are great people, they actually rescued me back on Antor II a while back. They are willing to work with you to find a peaceful solution.

At last, the Luminary opened his eyes. He had been heartened by the energy of the universe, and given words to put to his thoughts by the Angels. A most auspicious opportunity had arisen from this disagreement.

Prarim: Perhaps there is a way. ::Looking at the others again:: We do not know you and, to speak plainly, we do not trust you. As far as the Hawlat are concerned, the Angels are in their rightful place and any further provocation may stand as testament to the empircism of the Federation – however, our people may yet find common pasture. If you truly wish to forge a Bond of Faith with us, that we might take you at your word, I urge you to engage with our practices and prove your worthiness before the Angels’ judgment. ::With a knowing look to Taven:: I invoke The Ritual of Trust.

J. Carter: This…Ritual Of Trust…I think we would all like to know more about it.

Orrey: That was something you did leave out of your descriptions of your practices.

Prarim smiled, a broad but tight-lipped smile - the smile of one who knows much but  says little.

Vataix/Daniels: Response

McLaren: What is the Ritual of Trust? I have not heard of that before.

Taven: The… Circle of Luminaries will meet and determine which of you deserve the right to the ritual.

Prarim: The Acolyte speaks truth. I will meet with my fellows once we conclude this discussion and commune with the Angels to uncover the Great Spirit’s determination. ::To Carter:: This meeting may be held publicly, if that is the Federation’s preference. ::To the rest:: For those among you willing to put your names forth, the Ritual of Trust involves a sacred act - the sharing of Angel’s Milk - Hawlat and Federation shall both partake and the challenge shall unfold before them. They must work together to interpret the visions granted them by the Angels and overcome any ‘obstacles’ they face... In so doing, they shall prove that we may trust one another under the vigilance of the Great Spirit.

The Luminary clapped his hands together, excitedly.

Prarim: ::To Carter:: There is no need to put forth names now. We’ll give you time to decide amongst yourselves who wishes to partake. While we wait, we will determine our Hawlat representative.

Carter/Vataix/Daniels: Responses

McLaren: Interesting, guess I would need to see this ritual.

Prarim nodded in agreement and took his seat once more. The Ritual was common practice among the Hawlat - used often to seal important agreements and even, sometimes, marriages - but it was rarely practiced with outsiders. The Federation had an opportunity here to prove themselves as steadfast allies worthy of the Hawlat’s trust or as deceivers. The Great Spirit would reveal all.

Orrey: So while we await that outcome ::He turned his attention toward the other end of the table.:: Is this currently the only mining operation you have going on?

McLaren: At the moment yes, but there many more starting soon. I can provide you a list if you like?

Carter/Vataix/Daniels/Alexsandrov: Responses?

Orrey: Can you explain a little about the methods you are using? Perhaps our geologist can make some other suggestions.

McLaren: I do not have all the details here at the moment, but I can set up a meeting with you Ms.Alexandrov?

Alexsandrov: Response?

The Hawlat Luminary followed the conversation as best as he could - though the subject matter rather escaped him. Why anyone would choose to mine this sacred place was beyond him. He looked to Taven, who looked to be listening intently, and - while he kept his face clear of emotion - felt a welling hopefulness within. Perhaps, if the other Luminaries would agree, Taven might serve as the Hawlat’s patron in the Ritual.

Prarim: I’d ask that you send the relevant details to my people as well. While we have no ‘geologists’ among us, some are more technically-minded than myself. I believe you’ve been meeting with Sahim. She may be able to understand these details about mining practices better than I.

Carter/Vataix/Daniels/Taven: Responses?

McLaren: Does this work for you Ambassador?

Vataix/Daniels: Responses

McLaren: Dr. Orrey, and Commander Carter, if you do not mind I would like to know when you have another meeting with the Halwat.

Carter/Orrey: Responses

Prarim: The Light of the Great Spirit shines upon us all, Ms. McClaren. You’re welcome to join our discussions, so long as you keep your mind and heart open. ::(A polite way of saying, “if you do not disturb our Angels.”)::

Aleksandrov/Carter/Daniels/Keehani/Orrey/Taven/Vataix: Responses

McLaren: Thank You

Aleksandrov/Carter/Daniels/Keehani/Orrey/Taven/Vataix: Responses

TBC?

===

MSPNPC Prarim (he/him)

Hawlat Luminary