Lt. Zhalea - Reports

Koihime Nakamura

Aug 31, 2022, 3:07:28 AM8/31/22
to Amity Outpost
((Captain's Ready Room, USS Kitty Hawk, docked at Amity Outpost))

Rahman: Come in.

Zhalea came in, holding a PADD with some of the latest reports. She looked at the Captain sitting down, and idly mused how it was likely the only time that she wasn't the shortest on the senior staff was.. when one of the others was sitting down. The short Romulan shook her head to clear the idle tought, focusing her pale green eyes on her captain.

Zhalea: Greetings, Captain.

Rahman: Ah, Lieutenant. What can I do for you?

Zhalea: Today's daily reports, including some requests for Amity.

The captain nodded, reaching over and taking the PADD. As she skimmed through the report, she asked the other woman a question.

Rahman: And how are you, Lieutenant?

Zhalea: I cannot complain.

Zhalea already had to have words with her assistant chief engineer that started with 'Remember to run requests through me' and included 'especially when there is the chance of people thinking it's improper so I can back you up', but that was part of mentoring officers - explaining the delicate balance of when to ignore the rules, when to follow them, and what should be considered. She also considered that a settled matter, and not one she needed to bring up to the command staff.

.oO Besides, I would have approved it anyway, I suppose. Oo.

Rahman: We'll be back underway in a few days' time. Have you had a chance to see much of the station?

Zhalea: Not that much. I needed to fix an issue in Cetcean Ops, and those always require a lot of extra time in handling.

Roshanara glanced up from the PADD.

Rahman: You really should while you can get the chance. There will be plenty of time spent amongst these bulkheads.

Zhalea: I was planning on spending my shore leave tommorow onboard Amity. I wanted to try one of those resturants, and hopefully I won't have the problems I tend to on shore leave..

Zhalea didn't look entirely Romulan - her white hair, violet skin, and nontypical face structure spoke to that - but she looked enough that she had to sometimes deal with sentients making assumptions about her, and sometimes she just didn't want to spend the mental energy. Besides, occasionally, she just wanted to relax in her quarters, and read the news from the teams looking for a new world for what was left of the Shiyaheians. So far the results were promising, and there was likely to be a new colony located in the borderlands between the three successor Romulan powers. What would happen after that was.. well, up to the will of the Elementals.

Zhalea shook her head and returned back to the conversation to hear.

Rahman: Response

Zhalea: Ah, no. I need to readjust the schedules, but everyone should be getting at least two days of shore leave time except me, but that's as it should be.

Zhalea had to teach an engineering class and run some practicals for some operations staff working on promotions, as it was her rotation, and truth be told, she enjoyed doing it.

Rahman: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. Zhalea
Chief Engineering Officer