Crewman Annamae Barberra - Not In Front Of The Children

Wil Ukinix

Jul 24, 2022, 9:31:44 PM7/24/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((“The Tusk”, Merchant District, Habitat Ring))

Barberra: This is Molly.  She’s very inquisitive.  ::Looking at Ginnin:: Can you give me a tattoo?

The Tellarite put down his coffee then reach for a PADD, before handing it to Annamae.  On it were different tattoo designs.

T’Nik: This is a tattoo parlor after all. Here is some of my work if you wanted to look it over and decide on what you would like.

Annamae put the large bag that was on her shoulder down on the ground, and then reached inside to grab a PADD.  After a few taps, she found the “design” she wanted, then handed the PADD to the tattoo artist.

Barberra: This is what I want, on the outside of my lower right calf.

The screen didn’t show a picture, or an icon.  Just plain text.  It read:
“* 1 cup self-raising flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 egg
Whisk ingredients in a large bowl.  Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan over low medium heat, and pour some mixture.  Cook until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown, then flip and cook for 1 minute.  Repeat process for remaining mixture, then serve with a topping of your choice.”

T’Nik: You’re joking...

Barberra: What?!  I love pancakes.

Molly: Oooh Pancakes!

T’Nik: Pancakes... Indeed. Well, a customer is a customer I suppose. ::standing and motioning towards the barber’s chair:: A certain Language, or script you would like it in?

Barberra: ::Shrug:: No, just plain Federation Standard, the plainer the font, the better.

Molly: What about it all being upside-down? Ooh! ooh! You could put in andorian print - that ones pretty... ::standing up straight, shoulders back, dead serious:: Or write every word backwards so that only the true pancake masters would have access to the recipie.

The Tattoo artist looked down at Molly.

T’Nik: You surprise me...Pardon. I don’t think I caught your name.

Molly: ::cheery:: I'm Molly!

Barberra: And I’m Crewman Annamae, Barberra.

T’Nik: Yes, Molly, thank you. Please, Enema... I mean Annamae. Take a seat and I will get started.

Annamae stared at the tattoo artist with a genuine death stare.

Barberra: ::death stare, lifting finger towards Ginnin:: I will knock you out with a hypo when you least expect it, then I’ll tattoo in the rest of the star chart that’s missing from your face.

Molly: Crewman Annamae Barberra??

Annamae turned to look at young Molly, and a realisation came to her.

Barberra: ::Looking at Molly:: I can’t do this tattoo thing straight away. ::Looking at Ginnin:: I’ll need to come back later.

T'Nik: Response

Annamae looked back to see that Molly was getting close to some of the unique artwork and sculptures.

Barberra: Just be careful, Molly.

T'Nik: response

Molly: I'm looking at the pretty-ness! I won't touch anything, promise!

Barberra: Molly, would you like pancakes?

Molly: Response

Barberra: Let’s go back to my apartment and I’ll make us pancakes.  Until your mom’s ready to come and pick you up.

Molly/T’Nik: Response

Annamae picked up her large duffle bag and put it back on her shoulder.

Barberra: Let’s go, Molly!  ::To Ginnin::  I’ll be back soon, Stellar Cartography face.

T’Nik: Response

The crewman was relieved.  Taking Molly into a tattoo parlour was one thing, it was an interesting place especially with the artwork.  But having her see Annamae get a tattoo, along with hearing the likely banter that she would have with the tattoo artist, wasn’t appropriate.  Molly was a good kid and deserved better.

((The next day, Merchant district…))

(OOC: this is set the day after the Indy returns)

Annamae had been working out how to play both Wils off of each other for her own benefit.  So far it had worked, she’d contacted human Wil who told her to take to a day or two off to recover from the events of the anomaly, and that the administrative work could wait.  Not that she needed the time off, she felt fine.  But it did give her time to get the basic pancake recipe tattoo she wanted.

As she walked toward “The Tusk”, she saw Bec patrolling the district.

Barberra: Hello, Lieutenant.

Iko: Response

Barberra: I’m about to get a tattoo.  Wanna come check out the new shop?

Iko: Response

The pair walked into…

((“The Tusk” tattoo shop))

T'Nik: Response

Annamae: Hello again, Astrometrics prune face.

Iko: Response

Annamae: Are you ready to give me my tattoo?

T'Nik/Iko: Response

Annamae: A pancake recipe.  On the outside of my lower right calf.

The crewman made her way to the barber’s chair and took a seat.

T'Nik/Iko: Response

Annamae: ::To Ginnin, snapping fingers:: Hey!  Stellar Cartography!  I don’t have all day!  ::Eyes up, left:: Actually I do, but… ::snapping fingers:: That’s not the point!

T'Nik/Iko: Response

Annamae tapped her combadge.

Barberra: =/\= Crewman Barberra to Lieutenant Iko, there’s a proprietor in the merchant district that’s being difficult and not complying with Federation consumer laws. =/\=

Annamae’s voice echoed throughout the shop from Iko’s combadge.

T'Nik/Iko: Response

Tags/TBC!

Crewman Second Class Annamae Barberra
Liaison Officer for the Starfleet Attaché
Amity Outpost
V239511WU0