Lt. JG Rebecca Iko - Don't tease the hunter.

Zenia Emba

Mar 19, 2023, 3:12:02 AM3/19/23
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(OOC: Apologies for taking so long to get a sim for this group out. Let's see how we go…)

((Bridge, USS Halsey))

Now there was a bit more of a scramble to keep the ship together. Or at least, a word scramble about how to keep the ship together.

MacKenzie: Where do we stand with the comms?

Reade: Long range comms are still down, I’ve managed to get short-range comms up and running though.

MacKenzie: Excellent! Raise the Jemison as soon as they’re up. S’Raga, bring us around – keep us in Zone 2, but make it a large arc so we can have some room to repair the weapons.

Bec tensed up a bit. It was a different sort of tension than what she had when the Hirogen were being escorted around Amity Outpost. That time had been fear. This time it was anticipation. Like when you hold your breath to see the results of something, except Bec didn’t hold anything except the edge of her console, just in case…

S’Raga: Response

MacKenzie: ::clearing her throat:: Mr. Reade, I expect that by the time our helmsman brings us about, we’ll have something to launch at the Janus…

Reade: Yes commander. I should have weapon systems online by then.

Iko: Thank you.

Reade: Weapons should be online now Commander.

Webber: Allocating additional power to phasers...

Bec rubbed her hands together.

Iovianus: Long-range communications now. Unless our friends decide to rob us of our engines.

 Fix one thing, another 10 things break.

Reade: Understood, working on that now.

S’Raga: Response

Iovianus: We seem to be effective at swarming them down piece by piece.

MacKenzie: For now, anyway. What do you recommend, Commander?

Iovianus: While we have the opportunity lets get some more shots in just so they don’t forget us. ::to Iko:: Dorsal and ventral arrays as the helm gives us the chance.

Bec nodded.

S’Raga: Response

Iko: Firing.

She gave the Janus a good nudge with phasers, but they gave a better nudge back. And then…

Webber: Looks like Independence is shooting at us, too.

Maybe reminding everybody about the Halsey was a bad idea..

Iovianus: Communications array back online Commander. You have our appreciation, Mister Reade.

MacKenzie: Well, let’s get the Jemison.

Reade: Response?

Iovianus: Opening the channel.

Ukinix: =/\= Response? =/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= We’re taking a lot of fire here, Commander, but holding on… Recommendations? =/\=

Iovianus: =/\= Ravarj should be our next target. Kathor is currently dealing with him so it wouldn’t hurt to lend a hand. =/\=

Hopper: =/\= Response? =/\=

MacKenzie: ::nodding:: Agreed.

Reade/Iko/S’Raga: Response?

 Iko: Let's do this the-

Another little shockwave emerged from the pulsar, cutting Bec off, and undoing lots of Scotty’s hard work.

Webber: Whew, looks like at least that rocked everyone out there.

And no sooner had they more or less “recovered” (i.e. everyone had regained their footing) when the alarm about another couple of hits travelling in their direction sounded. The first one was avoided. The second one… not so much.

Halsey curled up into a little metaphorical ball and refused to cooperate anymore.

And if a Betazoid was present they would likely be horrified at the amount of profanity that ran through the Amity security officer’s head as said security officer pushed her hair out of her face–only for it to fall back into her face. She didn’t bother arguing with it any more.

MacKenzie: Well now we really need some recommendations. Lieutenant Reade, let’s see about getting the shields and impulse engines back online.

Reade: Response

MacKenzie: Is there any way we can use this to our advantage?

Iko: What, sitting arou-

oO Shut up while you still can. Oo

Iovianus/Webber/S’Raga/Mackenzie: Responses

Iko: And considering I can't shoot anything at the moment, I'm happy to try and help out.

Not that she was all that good at anything to do with engineering whatsoever–Hence the emphasis on "try".

Iovianus/Webber/S'Raga/Mackenzie: Response

TBC

--
Lt. JG Rebecca Iko
Security Officer