Lt. Robin Hopper: Taste The Rainbow

Robin Hopper

Jan 6, 2023, 2:59:14 PM1/6/23
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Grand Mezzanine, Three Stripes Bar))

Robin could already feel her first drink – downed for a burst of courage – taking effect on her. The good looks and easy banter with her new companion for the evening, the mysterious Mr. Kizat, wasn’t hurting either. She was feeling a little giddy… The night was really turning around.

Kizat: Is it very dangerous? Being so smart and beautiful at the same time?

She barely hesitated in her response, but she was sure her cheeks gave away that his unexpected flattery had struck a chord. Perhaps it stemmed from her innate curiosity, or her deep desire to feel connected with others – but Robin was naturally flirtatious, and having someone match that energy was exhilarating.

Hopper: ::Chuckling:: Oh, you wouldn’t believe… oO Looking him over Oo Though, surely, as a disarmingly-handsome diplomat, you have some idea of the hazards.

Kizat: ::glancing up:: Disarmingly you say?

She simply smiled and, after a moment, nodded. Then she looked down at his drink and the empty spot on the table in front of her.

Hopper: I think you should finish your drink, and we should each order another. How’s your… what did you say it was? ::Glancing at the now-hazy liquid with amusement:: A rainbow?

Kizat: Mhmm. The Rainbow Paradise, bright, sweet, but with a hidden danger. Familiar sounding really.

Robin squinted, playing at suspicion, before letting out a bubbly little laugh. She turned to the small screen beside the table and entered an order for two “Rainbow Paradises” and sent it to the bar. Looking back across the table at Kizat, she gestured to his drawing pad.

Hopper: Well, I’m sitting right here now. ::Smirk:: So you won’t be quite so distracted from what’s in front of you.

Kizat: ::offering a half sided smile:: Distractions, inspirations, it is all about the local vocabulary.

Hopper: Speaking of what’s in front of you – don’t let me stop you from your work. ::Smirk:: Though I’m sure I can think of more exciting poses.

She folded her arms in front of her, on the table, and leaned in slightly. A small, yet provocative, raise of her eyebrows conveying her implied meaning. She’d always heard that Cardassians could be ‘manipulative’, but Kizat didn’t strike her as the type. While he seemed to have a way with words, his intentions – and hers – seemed fairly plain. Robin had come to the bar thirsty and the man across the table looked like a pretty satisfying drink from where she was sitting.

Kizat: Well, that means that we should be planning our second rendezvous already?

Hopper: ::Leaning back, grinning::  We’ll see where the night takes us. After all, our ‘first rendezvous’ wasn’t planned.  ::Shrugging::  Maybe it’s better that way.

He finished his drink quickly and returned to his drawing, peeking up at her occasionally with a coquettish glance. Robin tried to sneak a look, but couldn’t see over the table.

Kizat: You enjoy life, the surprises of new experiences, and new people don’t you?

Hopper: Isn’t that why we’re all out here? Seeking out new life forms and civilizations – exploring ‘strange new worlds’…

Kizat: ::motioning to the empty glass:: Then join me on the rainbow and we can see where it goes. Tempting, isn’t it?

As if on cue, a server arrived and collected the empty glass from in front of him, leaving two new drinks on the table before them. The fresh beverages looked far more enticing – sections of brightly-colored juices creating a rainbow effect, as the name had suggested.

Robin picked up her glass and held it out, clinking it against his, before taking a sip from the straw. It was fruity and boozy and exactly what she had hoped for. She set it down, smiling, as Kizat returned to his work again.

Hopper: Is that why you’re here, Mr. Kizat? Do you see yourself as a modern-day frontier man?  ::Taking another sip::  You seem to be a man of many talents.

Kizat: Response

Hopper: I’ve always been more comfortable on the move. Growing up on a little colony world has a way of making you yearn for freedom. So, to answer your question, yes. I like to see where life takes me. And I try to stay open to new possibilities.

Kizat: Response

Hopper: What are you open to?

Kizat: Response

TBC