Ensign Rebecca Iko - You're gonna be alright little guy.

Zenia Emba

Nov 28, 2021, 2:50:05 AM11/28/21
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Shuttlecraft Yosemite, Poseidon Mining Rig))

Kivik: As much as I hate to say this, Lieutenant - I think I should come along as well. If I can get close to the creature, I might be able to place some pattern enhancers that will allow us to safely transport it out of the rig once we free it from the cabling…

Reade: I have completed modifying the drone, it should be good to go

Ariadust: Response

Wong looked to Iko.

Wong: If we go through with this plan, I know this is tense. Especially for a first mission. Ensign Iko. However, I can come with you to help. Just know that we will have your back.

Iko: Just don't trust everything I say ::nervous chuckle::

Kivik: You’ll do fine, Bec. Just remember your training and you’ll be fine.

Reade: You got this Bec, just remember we are all here. If you need help please ask.

Relief briefly washed over Bec. These guys were supportive and reassuring. hopefully they will stay that way.

Ikaia nodded.

Wong: Lieutenant Ariadust, how are things looking on your end?

Ariadust: Response

Iko: How close are we to the mining rig?

Kivik: About as close as we can get.

Reade: All ship systems are good, this is the close we can get her

Wong: Excellent. Thanks for doing this.

Ariadust: Response

Iko: can we get a lock?

Kivik: There’s simply too much interference to beam it out if it’s caught up in anything. We might end up incorporating other materials into the transporter pattern - and that’s a whole mess we don’t want to get into, least of all with the Hawlat watching our every move. This is going to take a gentle touch.

Reade: I agree, we have not even tested our transporters on these creatures before, so I am not sure if it would cause some issues with the buffer or pattern, we really need to play it safe.

Wong: And we know so little about them in general. So hopefully, we’re able to pull this off.

Ariadust: Response

Iko: ::sigh:: plan B?

Kivik: Unfortunately, I have to agree with Lieutenant Wong’s directive. We’ll attempt to calm the creature by feeding it with the drone - Reade, do you think you can get it close enough? Meanwhile, Lieutenant Ariadust can keep the rest of the Stellae swarm at bay. oO I hope. Oo Wong, Iko, and I will take EV suits and.. ::feeling slightly short of breath:: ..go free the creature from the rig.

Reade: Aye, I can get the drone in pretty close. I will radio you guys once I have got its attention.

Wong: Thank you, Lieutenant.

Iko: we all ready?

Ariadust: Response

Kivik: ::Nervously:: Okay, then… Time to shine.

The science officer removed a pack of pattern enhancers that were stowed beside the transporter pad, located just aft of the flight deck. With the plan taking shape, Kivik turned and began walking towards the rear of the vessel, where the airlock and EV suits were located.

Kivik: ::To Wong: Lieutenant, I’m sorry if I spoke over you. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss?

Wong: Actually, I already covered it when I brought up the plan and the Hawlat people paying very close attention to us. So you’re entirely okay in my books. That said….

Ikaia smiled and kept his voice to low tones.

Wong: You’re doing a good job, Kivik. Don’t forget it.

Kivik: I’ll keep that in mind.

Reade: Alright, the drone has been deployed. Waiting on you guys.

Iko: getting suited up now.

Bec grabbed the EV suit - well more like yanked it toward herself, and studied it before almost - almost putting it on backwards. Before putting her helmet on she saw their CMO re-tie his hair, and much to her dismay realised it would be wise if she tied her hair so it was out of her face - She'd learnt from that mistake before during her time at the academy. Spacewalking with a bunch of hair in your face that you cant brush away is not fun...

Ariadust: Response?

Ikaia removed his lab coat and folded it before setting it down on a nearby table. He also pulled the hair tie that kept his bun in shape and instead opted to just tie just his bangs back (although, there were always a few strands of hair that refused to behave). After that, it was just a matter of putting on his EV suit.

Wong: Alright. One key thing here - since the Hawlat ARE watching us, we can’t take anything out that looks like a phaser to cut the cables. They might take just the appearance of them the wrong way. Fortunately, I do have laser scalpels that have the strength and depth to be able to cut something as thick as those cables quickly.

Reade: Good Luck all!

Iko: You too Scotty and Airadust!

Ariadust: Response

Wong: Thank you. ::A smile:: Today’s your lucky day! We get to save a life!

::Breath out::

Ikaia finally had his EV suit on. He took a few laser scalpels out of his medkit and placed them into his suit’s pockets.

((The Chute - Poseidon Mining Rig))

Ikaia and his team beamed down to the chute where the Stellae juvenile had found themselves trapped in. Ikaia magnetized his boots to the outside edge of the chute and glanced up. He could only see the cables leading off into the conduit. The poor thing was a lot deeper in the chute than Ikaia originally thought!

Space borne life was rare in and of itself. To see one was quite an occasion. But to actually get to TOUCH space bound life? Even rarer! Although, he wished it was under better circumstances.

Wong: Now THIS is one BIG patient. ::A beat::  Alright. Please don’t forget to magnetize your boots, guys. We’re going to literally have to walk up the walls to reach the stellae.

Ikaia heard some new voices over the comms. This prompted him to look and see some Work Bees off in the distance.

Thompkins: =/\= Starfleet, just so you know, if you're planning on sending anyone into the conduit, Jones and I are standing by to accompany you in our own workbees. =/\=

Wong: =/\=Thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the Stellae is stuck pretty deep in this conduit and I’d rather not want us to get lost down here. =/\=

Iko: oO I don't think anyone would... Oo

Shuttle team: =/\= Response =/\=

Thompkins: =/\= It's easy to get disoriented in there. And respectfully, with your pals back at Amity occupied by the herd, you're going to need all the help you can get right now. =/\=

oO uhh....Oo

Wong: =/\=I’m going to take a guess and say the situation back at Amity has gotten worse since after we left….=/\=

Shuttle team: =/\= Response =/\=

It wasn’t long until they heard Reade’s voice crackle over the comms.

Reade: =/\= Scotty to away team, the drone is in place and leaking plasma. What is your status =/\=

Wong: =/\= There’s a lot of tension over the cables. We’re going to need to lure them back a little in order to cut the lines safely.=/\=

Bec opened her mouth to say something, but decided against it.

Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Reade: =/\=  Acknowledged, the drone is moving to where requested. =/\=

Wong: =/\= Think you can use the drones to lure the Stellae back a bit? We’re going to need some slack in the lines.=/\=

He looked back at his team.

Wong: =/\=Mister Carcetti, Mister Thompkins, can you lead the way?=/\=

Iko: =/\= getting lost in space is not on my bucket list... =/\=

Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Ikaia motioned for his fellow officers to follow him as he started walking up the conduit. He inwardly wondered how far this chute went.

Reade: =/\= Away Team, the horde of Stella have come faster than we expected, be prepared to see some slight resistance. =/\=

Ikaia placed a palm on the glass of his helmet. Bec breathed a giggle.

Wong: =/\=Reade, I will literally buy you a whole keg of beer right now for you to NOT let them do that!=/\=

oO That might backfire...Oo

And now Bec was the one with a palm on the glass of her helmet. Two actually.

Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Ikaia dropped his hands from his helmet. They had to get to the trapped Stellae quickly.

Wong: =/\= Okay. Looks like we’re going to need to be quick and I have an idea. Mister Carcetti, Mister Thompkins, can you come here for a moment please? We’re going to need to hitch a ride. If we magentize ourselves to the outside of your Work Bee and hold on, we should be able to get to the Stellae quickly.=/\=

Bec widened her eyes and bit her lip, before smiling and walking over to the workbee on her left. The plan hadn't been settled, but she was going through with it. This was a tense and anxious situation, and being overly confident is what she did subconsciously in those situations.

Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Wong: =/\=Everyone, grab your favourite Work Bee and let’s head on out!=/\=

Bec was already on the workbee, in a sitting position, ready to be dragged to where she needed to be, however she slid off with just her feet holding on. Ah well. the ride wasn't going to be too long, because she sighted the little stellae.

Iko: =/\= slow down, we can't startle the little guy.

Wong/Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Bec got off her workerbee almost immediately and pushed herself towards the stellae trapped in the cables and wires. it seemed to be scared (who wouldn't?) shaking around and trying to shove it's way out of there. She went up and stroked the creatures cheek, her hand almost denting it, like the stellae was made of gas, or a very bad memory foam. she looked for a shriek of pain, but there was none.

Iko: =/\= shhh, you're gonna be alright, ok? ::beat:: yes, that's it. that's it. now, scooch over so Dr wong ::who was on his way over:: can let you out. that's it. you're doing a very good job. shhh.... =/\=

The stellae obviously wouldn't know what she was saying, and Bec didn't really know whether You even could hear her out of the com system, but she spoke to the not-so-little baby anyway.

Wong/Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Iko: =/\= scotty got some plasma out for you. ::she took a of the ball of plasma from the drone in her gloved hand and swept it over to the little stellae, while using her other hand to stroke it.:: That's it. come on, loser to the wall... =/\=

Wong/Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

Iko: =/\= Almost done Doctor? =/\=

Wong: =/\=Response=/\=

Iko: =/\= very good. now... ::realising what she was doing:: someone else give orders because I'm only an ensign. =/\=

oO I really need to stop being this eager if I'm anxious... Oo

Wong/Reade/Kivik/Thompkins/Carcetti: =/\= Response =/\=

--
Ensign Rebecca Iko

Security Officer

Amity Outpost