PNPC Lt. Commander Stephanie Parker," Storm Warning."

KENNETH COTTON

Nov 19, 2022, 8:41:33 PM11/19/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Chief of Mission's Office, Copernicus Center, Amity Outpost))

Stephanie wasted no time in getting over to the outpost, the news she had to deliver was that important. So important and urgent that it had to be delivered in person. With a nod to the security officer outside the door, Stephanie made her way into the ambassadors' office. Rivi spoke...

Vataix: Lt. Commander Parker, welcome to Amity Outpost. This is Envoy Vaje Kizat, Counselor for Culture and Press Affairs and my Deputy Chief of Mission.

Kizat: A pleasure to meet you.

Vataix: And this is First Secretary Keehani Ukinix.

Keehani: Response

Parker: A pleasure to meet you all as well, I just wish under better circumstances.

Stephanie did not expect to see a Cardassian this far out, but she had seen her share of them on DS9, so the site of one did not bother her. In fact, she was surprised to see him out here. Rivi beckoned them all to locate themselves in a seating area with couches and chairs. Stephanie too a chair where she could see everyone to guage their reactions. When everyone was settled, Rivi spoke...

Vataix: So what is this matter that is too sensitive for comms?

Stephanie looked at each of them before she spoke...

Parker: The Hirogen are massing for something. Something big.

Vataix/Keehani/Kizat: response

Parker: Less than two parsecs from the outpost. Eighteen ships, including seven of their bigger vessels.

Vataix/Keehani/Kizat: response

It was a good question. Well, they all were. Stephanie spoke...

Parker: While in slip stream, our long range sensors picked up two groups of Hirogen ships. Taking advantage of an ion storm, we dropped into normal space to try to ascertain where they were headed. One group was stationary, the other was on course to meet them. They did. Using the cover of the ion storm we got moving to bring you the bad news.

Vataix/Keehani/Kizat: response

Figuring out what a potential adversary was planning was always dicey. Sure, some had tendencies, and from what she knew of the Hirogen, they were looking to hunt. The only question was who. Stephanie spoke...

Parker: There're are not enough of them to attack the station, at least not yet. Especially not with three starships in close proximity.

Vataix: response

Parker: They might be planning to take crews from ships on their way out here or on their way back to Federation space. A lot of room out there for mischief, Ambassador...

It was literally no mans' land out here, and assistance was long in coming or non existent except in specific times when ships were in transit. Supply lines were long and thin, and Stephanie could see from a tactical point of view that cutting off the station would be something a military organization would do. However, the station offered some unique hunting opportunities...many decks, compartments...and personnel. Something the Hirogen would consider a challenge equal to their hunting prowess...

Vataix/Keehani/Kizat: response

TAG/TBC

PNPC Lt. Commander Stephanie Parker

Commanding Officer- USS Bronwyn