Carcetti & Thompkins: Lost Angel

Rivi Vataix

Nov 17, 2021, 3:18:41 PM11/17/21
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Mining Rig, Asteroid 6585 Poseidon))

Back at the Poseidon Mining Rig, Tyler Carcetti was growing ever frustrated at his crew. With their operations suspended until the Ambassador and the Diplomatic Corps resolved the issue about these creatures, there was little for the miners to do but equipment maintenance and playing tabletop and card games to pass the time.

Thompkins: Okay, if I fly to Vulcan, I can meet with Jones and give him my Vulcan card. Then he can get to Andor and turn them in at the research station for the cure.

Jones: That's assuming you don't draw another epidemic card.

Thompkins: We just had an epidemic card two rounds ago. What are the chances?

Tyler looked over, half-interested, as Thompkins and the others sat at the dining table and drew the card. A loud eruption of groans burst out as an epidemic card was drawn.

Jones: You bloody idiot!

Thompkins: That's impossible! Who designed this game?

Jones: Pretty morbid topic, too, if you ask me...

Tyler cleared his throat as he walked over.

Carcetti: Are you guys done, now?

Henry Thompkins looked up as he was cleaning up the game.

Thompkins: What do you need, Boss?

Carcetti: It'd be nice if you'd get back to work...

Thompkins: Haven't heard anything back yet from Amity.

Carcetti: Do you have to wait and hear back from Amity before you wipe your-

An alarm sounded then, bringing everyone's attention to the control board screens at the back wall. Red warning icons appeared along one of the perimeter sensors displays.

Jones quickly went over to get a better look as the others made their way over to the displays.

Jones: Looks like one of the mo-mos has gotten themselves stuck in the cargo transfer conduit.

Carcetti: How the hell did it get in there? ::looks over at Thompkins:: I thought I told you to close the hatches!

Thompkins: I did! It must have found a way in still...

The mining rig shuddered slightly as a loud groan echoed up from the cargo conduit.

Jones: I think it's panicking. It's twisting the conduit.

Thompkins: That's solid titanium. It's not getting out of there anytime soon...

Carcetti: ::sighs:: Call up Amity! They need to send people over here quick if they want to save this animal from harming itself.

Henry looked over at Tyler.

Thompkins: Thought you didn't care for the cows...

Carcetti: ::under his breath:: Just send the message, will you?

Thompkins: You got it, Boss. =/\= Poseidon Mining Rig to Amity Outpost, we have an emergency. One of the space bourne creatures has become trapped in our equipment. We require your assistance. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Response =/\=

(You can presume this takes place shortly after the Basement meeting or right at the end of it.)

Thompkins: =/\= Look, we don't have much time, Ensign. We don't have the facilities here or the vehicles to get that creature out. But I bet if you take some of those fancy runabouts you brought along with you, you've got a shot. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Response =/\=

TAG! TBC...

Tyler Carcetti
Mining Operations Supervisor