[MISSION EPILOGUE] Captain Roshanara Rahman: Exit Stage Left

Rivi Vataix

Jul 20, 2022, 9:20:54 PM7/20/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Runabout Kwando))

The error tones continued to beep harshly, each beat seeming to be a drum hit emphasizing the lost cause she was chasing.

Zzzzt. Zzzzt. Zzzzt. Zzzzt.

She tried again.

Zzzzt. Zzzzt. Zzzzt. Zzzzt.

And again.

YOU. CAN’T. SAVE. HIM.

Kivik: Response

Rahman: I need to think…

She rubbed her eyes, pressing the bridge of her nose from both sides as she ran through the possibilities.If only her partner Tristam Core, a components expert who’d been working on transporters for the past several years, were here, maybe he’d be able to figure something out…

That’s it!

Rahman: ::gasps:: =/\= Zehra, call up the files for an SCE project called MST by Commander Core, latest build and send them to the runabout immediately! =/\=

Hoffman: =/\= …uh, yes, ma’am. On it. =/\=

Kivik: Response

Rahman: Our transporter can’t find him, so we need to make a better one.

Kivik: Response

Computer: Project files received and loaded.

Rahman: Grant permission access to onboard transporter systems for project build and run.

Computer: Access granted.

The MST was a subspace transporter prototype. Although Tristam still had years left to get it working to transport across star systems and replace warp drive, she remembered reading in one of his logs that he’d been able to boost the transporter’s effective range. Coupled with its ability to operate in subspace, which is where the anomaly–and Wil–happened to be, it was a crazy longshot but their best hope.

With the project loaded and running, her transporter console was transformed. The interface was still familiar enough and she called back to Kivik.

Rahman: I need you to run another scan and try to establish a lock on whatever you detect. We don’t have time to be picky. If it looks like a humanoid, get that target lock!

Kivik: Response

The transporter powered up with the new system files and Roshanara heard the reassuring sound of a confirmation lock. Without hesitating, she began the transport, and she and Kivik could hear someone dematerializing behind them on the runabout’s transporter pad.

She and the science officer turned around, and there was a brief moment of elation before she gasped again.

Wil stood in surprise on the transporter pad, looking at Captain Rahman.  She seemed stunned, almost shocked.  For whatever reason, he couldn’t sense her emotions, nor those of Kivik.  At the realisation that he had been rescued, a broad smile formed across his face.

Wil: You beamed me out of the anomaly? How did you… Captain, ::hand on chest:: I owe you my life-

He stopped when he realised he wasn’t alone on the transporter pad.  There was a second person.  When he turned to look at them, Wil covered his mouth with his hand in shock.

Wil: Oh no.  A reflection version of me got beamed out too.  ::furrowing brow::  Wait, how is that possible?

His counterpart was the same as himself.  Beard, hair, uniform, everything.  His eyes opened wide though when he saw there was one key difference.

The “reflection” version of himself had pure black irises.

Wil leaned forward slightly to make sure he wasn’t seeing things.  Sure enough, “reflection” Wil eye’s were black, just like Keehani’s, Rivi’s, and Tri’lea’s were.

Human Wil: What the hell?

Betazoid Wil: ::looking at the other Wil for a moment:: This is certainly different. ::turns to Rahman and Kivik:: Captain, Lieutenant.

Rahman: …oh dear.

Kivik: Response

Wil looked back at Roshanara and Kivik, and realised he couldn’t sense anything in them.  The only emotions he could feel were his own now, no one else’s.  He crossed his arms, and looked back at his Betazoid doppelganger.

Human Wil: Well pardon my french, but $%^# moi.

MISSION END! CUE END CREDITS MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwA5k00p2I

(OOC: Respond to tags in this and other mission scenes, but do not continue this scene or those previous mission scenes. We are now in shore leave, and you should place your character on Amity Outpost. Girls Trip likewise has ended and you can assume that Rivi is back on the station when Kitty Hawk and Independence return to Amity for shore leave!)

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix
Fremantle Beach Bum & Wine Snob

Starfleet attaché and First Officer
Amity Outpost
V239511WU0

&

Lieutenant Commander Acradem “Wil” Ukinix
Forsaken Son of the Ninth House of Betazed

Starfleet attaché and First Officer
Amity Outpost
I238705TZ0