Lt. Robin Hopper: A Certain Resemblance

Robin Hopper

Nov 7, 2022, 11:53:33 AM11/7/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Peace Park, Blue Gums Biome))

Iko: Uhm, I grew up on Earth actually. In Australia.

Robin looked at Iko with excitement. In a big wide galaxy, it always struck her as fascinating to meet someone from the same place as you. She never ran into anyone from Theta VII – which may be for the best.

Hopper: Really? Like Commander Ukinix?

Iko: Well, on the other side of the continent as Wil, but yes.

Hopper: I see! You know, between my time at University and the Academy I lived on Earth for nearly ten years and I never visited Australia. I wish I had.

Iko: Only ten? Where are you from?

Hopper: Theta VII originally. It’s a little backwater frontier world… full of rough-and-tumble miners, farmers, and freighters…  ::Chuckling::  Yeah, I never really fit in there.

Iko: ::playfully elbowing Robbie:: I can see why.

Robin let that sink in – pretty certain that Bec meant it in a complimentary way – before asking her next question. As she did, they crossed the boundary from the Blue Gums biome into the Desert Biome, passing through the forcefield that maintained the environmental controls for each ‘region’.  Robin was reminded of her trip to Sierra Pelona, outside Los Angeles, to visit the famous Vasquez Rocks formations.

Hopper: What led you to enlist in Starfleet?

Bec’s walking slowed as she considered her response.

Iko: Uhm…Honestly, to get away. ::hands up:: Now, don’t get me wrong, Australia is an awesome place just…

As Bec trailed off, Robin picked up what she thought Iko was getting at.

Hopper: …Just not the place you need to be right now?

Iko: I mean, I guess you could say that, yeah…

Hopper: ::Smiling::  I get that…

She took a moment to study the younger woman as they walked side-by-side. Something felt quite familiar about her, despite the fact that they didn’t know each other well – and were from opposite ends of the Alpha Quadrant. At last, she put her finger on it.

Hopper: You know, you remind me of my sister. A little.  ::Chuckling::  I promise I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.

Iko: Response

Hopper: She’s ‘feisty’, and not afraid to speak her mind…  oO In Keri’s case that might be a significant understatement, actually. Oo  …and she also just needed to get away for a while. I think she’s done a lot of growing since then.

It was more than just their attitudes, though. There was a certain resemblance between them, down to the tussled, untamed, light brown hair.  oO Then again, Oo  thought Robin,  oO Maybe I just actually miss Keri… for the first time in my life. Oo

Iko: Response

Hopper: She’s at university now, studying politics. Following in one of our mom’s footsteps, sort of. I guess we both just realized Theta VII wasn’t “big” enough for us in our own ways. We had other places to be, other things to do with our lives.

Iko: Response

Hopper: Do you have any siblings?

Iko: Response

TBC