Lt. Robin Hopper: I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do

Lt. JG Kivik

Aug 23, 2022, 10:56:09 AM8/23/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Security Section, Office of the Chief of Security))

Hopper: Is there anything else you’d like to ask me about, Sir? Am I cleared?

Iovianus: Have you any projects upcoming that you will be planning to work on?

Robin nodded enthusiastically, tucking her hands under her thighs to avoid clapping them together in excitement.

Hopper: Ooo! Yes – well, assuming my proposals are approved. I have quite a few ideas in my back pocket, actually. First off, back on the Wall Street, I was conducting some research on the long-term effects of QSD travel on local space and subspace corridors – I’d like to continue that research here, given the number of ships arriving at Amity using the technology.

Iovianus: I would remind you that if you have anything “extreme” you are considering it wouldn’t hurt to let either myself or Commander Wil Ukinix about it as a clear warning so we can at least be prepared. ::picking up a PADD from his desk and moving the contents to another device::

Hopper: Commander Ukinix. Right.  ::Squinting::  He’s the one who was… Uhhh…

She attempted to make a hand gesture indicating that he was somehow split genetically, but her hand movements looked more like splitting a lump of pizza dough into two halves.

Hopper: Yeah, you know what? Never mind. I’ll figure it out. I can tell you about some of my other project proposals if you need. I have a few I’d like to send by Botany, holodeck reprogramming – you know those things can be a little sketchy sometimes, and… does this station have a Cetacean Ops?  ::Waving hand::  The point is, yes, I have many projects in mind.  ::Considering::  I don’t think any of them are ‘extreme’.

Iovianus: For the time being that will be enough. ::handing over the PADD:: That is your security ID and clearance if you should need it, the system will be updated shortly but if you have trouble that will clear it up.

Robin accepted the PADD, looked over the information, and then closed her eyes for a moment, reciting her security code in her head to memorize it.

Hopper: ::Opening eyes, handing back PADD, smiling::  Got it. Thank you, Commander.

Iovianus: I look forward to working with you in the future, and do not be afraid to reach out if you need anything. ::indicating his desk:: Now if you will excuse me I have some work to get to this morning.

Hopper: Right, yes, totally… and I will make sure to schedule an appointment next time! Thanks for taking care of this, though.

With that, she stood and headed towards the door.

Hopper: Any time you’re near the SRC, feel free to swing by and have a look at what we’re working on – call it a ‘security review’ if you want.  ::Smiling again::  See ya later, Commander!

END

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)
Science Officer, Amity Outpost