Lieutenant Commander Cassian Iovianus: Simulation Exit

Cassian Iovianus

Dec 3, 2022, 2:12:30 PM12/3/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Shuttlecraft nearing Neried - Holodeck 1, Level 5, Copernicus Center))

Another alert came from S'Raga's console, a second thing Cassian was growing rapidly tired of.

S'Raga: Looks like our light show attracted some attention, Commander. The Borg have a target lock on us.

Iovianus: Alright, you keep us moving I will run interference and head off what weapons fire I can with our own. While modulating the shields.

S’Raga: Response?

Iovianus: =/\= Iovianus to Independace. Since the Borg are focusing on us you need to use the time bought to sort this out, but we cannot hold them off forever. Go on Captain.=/\=

Barberra: =/\= Understood, Commander Iovianus. As soon as you can’t hold off the Borg, or at the first sign of major trouble such as, oh I don’t know, local reality collapsing in on itself, I want you to make a bee line out of here and raise an alert to Starfleet command as soon as you can. Is that clear, Ensign? Commander? =/\=

Iovianus: =/\= By your order Captain. =/\=

S’Raga: =/\= Responses =/\=

Barberra: =/\= We are going to try and seal the rift. Good luck, officers. See you on the other side. Barberra Out. =/\=

Cassian turned his full attention to the tactical display again just in time to lock on to a pair of torpedoes that were racing toward them. He detonated them with the phasers before leaning into the turn S’Raga was putting them through while he remodualted the weapons.

Iovianus: Change evasive pattern. Delta-4.

S’Raga: Response?

As the ship zipped and twisted around trying to avoid the majority of the hits aimed at them. The tactical display lit up with new objects to show the plan they had cooked up.

Iovianus: Heads up, they have ejected their warp cores. Get us away from the blast zone. Set course for whatever seems like Earth.

S’Raga: Response?

Still deeply focused on keeping the shuttlecraft flying, Cassian felt the ship buffeted by a shockwave he couldn’t place but hoped was a successful execution as they sailed away into a yellow grid covered holochamber as the program fizzled to the end. Leaving everyone standing around.

Barberra: Well, that went well.

Iovianus: It..was a mission.

S’Raga: Response

Barberra: Thank you. I wouldn’t have lasted more than 5 seconds if it wasn’t for all of you.

Iko: That was alot…

Richards: I need a drink…I’ll see you guys later.

Barberra: Response

Iovianus: ::stepping up to Barberra:: Congratulations on surviving the test. I think you did well, and you did your crew proud.

Barberra: Response

Hopper/Reade/Wong: Response

Cassian nodded to the others and took his leave of the holodeck, after a few moments to consider the mission he was going to have a word with the commander about the looseness of the programming he was using.

Tags/TBC…

Lieutenant Commander Cassian Iovianus
Chief of Security
Amity Outpost