[END ACT 2] Henry Thompkins: Whiplash

Rivi Vataix

Nov 30, 2021, 8:24:54 PM11/30/21
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Mining Rig, Asteroid 6585 Poseidon))

Thompkins: =/\= Starfleet, just so you know, if you're planning on sending anyone into the conduit, Jones and I are standing by to accompany you in our own workbees. =/\=

Wong: =/\=Thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the Stellae is stuck pretty deep in this conduit and I’d rather not want us to get lost down here. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Agreed. You’re very welcome to join us. Err.. lead us. =/\=

Henry piloted his workbee around towards the Starfleet officers.

Thompkins: =/\= It's easy to get disoriented in there. And respectfully, with your pals back at Amity occupied by the herd, you're going to need all the help you can get right now. =/\=

Wong: =/\=I’m going to take a guess and say the situation back at Amity has gotten worse since after we left….=/\=

Kivik: =/\= All the more reason to act quickly and get back. =/\=

Reade: =/\= Scotty to away team, the drone is in place and leaking plasma. What is your status =/\=

Wong: =/\= There’s a lot of tension over the cables. We’re going to need to lure them back a little in order to cut the lines safely.=/\=

Henry called over to Jones in the next workbee.

Thompkins: =/\= Jones, see if you can give us some more slack by extending the lines. =/\=

Jones: =/\= On it... =/\=

The other miner's workbee rotated swiftly before heading off to adjust the cable length.

Kivik: =/\= Scotty, why don’t you send the drone in ahead? We’re not going to have much luck down there if the Stellae is still... freaking out down there. =/\=

Reade: =/\=  Acknowledged, the drone is moving to where requested. =/\=

Wong: =/\= Think you can use the drones to lure the Stellae back a bit? We’re going to need some slack in the lines. Mister Carcetti, Mister Thompkins, can you lead the way?=/\=

Iko: =/\= getting lost in space is not on my bucket list... =/\=

Thompkins: =/\= ::chuckles:: Carcetti's still in the control booth, Lieutenant. But I'll take you in. Stay close. =/\=

In the dark confines of the tunnel, the workbee's headlights served as flashlights. The Starfleet officers followed close behind in their EVA suits.

Reade: =/\= Away Team, the horde of Stella have come faster than we expected, be prepared to see some slight resistance. =/\=

Wong: =/\= Reade, I will literally buy you a whole keg of beer right now for you to NOT let them do that! =/\=

Kivik: ::Attempting some humour:: =/\= Scotty’s antics are enough as is, Lieutenant. How about a nice holosuite gift card or something instead? Or flowers? Scotty, you like flowers, right? =/\=

Reade: =/\= Response =/\=

On a private channel, Henry heard from his boss back at the control center.

Carcetti: =/\= (private) They sure are a chatty bunch, aren't they? =/\=

Henry switched his com to the other channel.

Thompkins  : =/\= (private) I don't know, Boss. Seems like they've got a good team dynamic going on. =/\=

His supervisor remained unamused.

Carcetti: =/\= (private) Uh-huh... don't go getting any ideas. =/\=

Thompkins: =/\= (private) Wouldn't dream of it. =/\=

He switched his channel back to the open line when he heard the Lieutenant call to him.

Wong: =/\= Okay. Looks like we’re going to need to be quick and I have an idea. Mister Carcetti, Mister Thompkins, can you come here for a moment please? We’re going to need to hitch a ride. If we magnetize ourselves to the outside of your Work Bee and hold on, we should be able to get to the Stellae quickly.=/\=

Thompkins: =/\= Sure thing. Jones, you ready? =/\=

The other workbee had turned around and was approaching the group.

Jones: =/\= All aboard! =/\=

Reade: =/\= Response =/\=

Wong: =/\=Everyone, grab your favourite Work Bee and let’s head on out!=/\=

Once the officers had grabbed a hold of the vehicles, Thompkins turned the craft back around to continue into the shaft.

Thompkins: =/\= Please keep your hands or boots on the bees at all times until we come to a complete stop. =/\=

They made their way gently into the shaft, and soon enough, a slight purple glow reflecting from the workbee's lights signaled they'd arrived.

Iko: =/\= Slow down, we can't startle the little guy. =/\=

Jones and Henry brought their craft to a stop as told while the other Starfleet officers examined the situation.

Wong/Reade/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Ensign Kivik to Amity Outpost. Lieutenant Wong, Ensign Iko, and myself have successfully found our way to the Angel - with some much-appreciated help from the miners. It appears to be a juvenile that wandered off from the others. Fortunately, while it appears to be a bit startled, it is otherwise unharmed. We’re going to make sure it’s not caught in any rigging and then attempt to beam it safely out again. From there, it should be able to reunite with its parents. =/\=

Amity Team: =/\= Responses? =/\=

One of the Starfleet officers had gotten close to the animal.

Iko: =/\= Shhh, you're gonna be alright, ok? yes, that's it. that's it. now, scooch over so Dr wong can let you out. that's it. you're doing a very good job. shhh.... =/\=

Kivik: Bec… What… What are you…? ::Realizing ne needed to close comms with the team aboard Amity before it became clear what was happening:: =/\= Understood! I’ll keep you all apprised of our progress! Kivik out! =/\=

Wong/Reade/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

Iko: =/\= Ccotty got some plasma out for you. That's it. come on, closer to the wall... =/\=

Kivik: =/\= What are you doing? ::With a panicked look to Wong:: We don’t know if it’s safe to touch the Stellae - for it or for us. =/\=

The science officer quickly got to work getting the transport pattern enhancers ready.

Thompkins: =/\= I wouldn't get so close if I were you... those things can have a mean kick when startled. =/\=

He looked over at the twisted metal in the shaft as evidence.

Wong/Reade/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

With the transport enhancers coming online, the Starfleet officers conferred with one another.

Iko: =/\= Almost done Doctor? =/\=

Wong: =/\=Response=/\=

Iko: =/\= Very good. now... ::realising what she was doing:: someone else give orders because I'm only an ensign. =/\=

Kivik: =/\= Ensign, Lieutenant… I need another minute to finish installing the pattern enhancers. Once they’re locked in, Scotty can beam the creature out of the conduit safely. You two will need to step back so you don’t baffle the enhancers. =/\=

Wong/Reade/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

The science officer placed and activated the last enhancer.

Kivik: =/\= ::To Reade:: I’m getting a good reading here, Scotty. How’s it look on your end? Ready to beam out an Angel? =/\=

Reade: Response

Kivik: =/\= ::To Wong:: Lieutenant, we’re ready. Prepare to cut the last cable. ::To Iko:: Bec, you might want to step back. =/\=

Wong/Iko: Response

Reade/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

When the last cable was cut, it suddenly snapped, thrashing through the shaft and slicing across anything in its path--which included Jones' workbee, sending it crashing into the side of the shaft.

Kivik: =/\= Now, Scotty! =/\=

Reade/Wong/Iko/Ariadust: =/\= Responses? =/\=

While the Starfleet officers were preoccupied with the creature, Henry quickly called into Jones' radio.

Thompkins: =/\= Jones! Jones, do you copy! =/\=

There was no answer though as the workbee spun, revealing its crushed cockpit. Jones looked badly hurt, his eyes closed and several tears in his suit.

Thompkins: =/\= We have a medical emergency! =/\=

Any: Response

TAG! END ACT TWO!

Henry Thompkins
Miner