Crewman Annaame Barberra - Pepperoni

Wil Ukinix

May 16, 2022, 7:49:58 PM5/16/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((“Backspace” Fortune Teller Shop))

Annamae looked around the shop.  It was dark and dingy, and smelled of some sort of pungent incense.  The shop was adorned with an array of dark coloured rugs on the walls, ceiling and floor.  At the back corner of the shop Annamae made out a small flight of stairs.

Ninzo: :: surprised voice:: Welcome, Welcome.

A Ferengi woman appeared from a darkened area of the shop, which made Annamae jump and put her hand on her chest before a faint smile appeared on her face.

Barberra: ::Awestruck tone:: This is the place of my dreams.

Iko: I apologize if she's being intrusive-

Ninzo: Welcome, I can tell the fortune in you, only for a nominal price of 1000 Federation coins

Barberra: ::Screwed up nose:: Federation coin? Don’t you mean Federation Credits- ::lifting finger:: ah, I know what you’re up to.  You come up with some pretend currency, and then we say something like, “oh wait, we’ve never heard of that, we can’t pay,” and then you say, “well you’ll just have to pay me an insane amount of latinum then instead.”  ::Slight smile, quiet impressed tone:: That’s very devious of you.

Annamae crossed her arms and looked the Ferengi woman in the eye.

Barberra: 10 slips of latinum.

Iko: ::to Barberra:: No. No you are not paying that much.

Ninzo: Oh, a good negotiation, I believe in you.

Barberra: Okay, one slip of latinum, and a pepperoni pizza from Papa Rahm’s.  ::Lifting finger:: *Small* pizza.  *And* I’ll have to bring them later, I don’t have them on me right now.

Iko: ::to Ninzo:: half price deal?

Annamae gave a single, assertive nod in agreement with Bec.

Ninzo: Done deal. Shall we proceed?

The Liaison officer followed the Ferengi woman to a nearby table.  She took one big sniff of the air, and poked her tongue out a little at the slightly awful smell.  oO Awesome. Oo

Barberra: ::Rubbing hands together:: Oh yes we shall.

Iko: Very well then...

Annamae took her seat on the opposite side of the fortune teller.

Ninzo: We shall begin, first off tell me your favorite animal.

Anname took a moment to ponder an answer.

Barberra: ::pondering:: Ceti eel.

Ninzo: Awesome, second question: what made you join Starfleet?

Barberra: ::smile:: Oh, that one’s easy.  ::Deadpan unimpressed tone, staring at Ninzo::  Muncie, Indiana, Earth.

Iko: Response

Ninzo: Ok finally the third warm up question. What is your favorite food?

Barberra: ::pondering:: Ceti eels.

Iko: Response

Ninzo: Response

Barberra: ::Tut:: Fine.  Pizza. ::excited hand claps, serious face:: Tell me my fortune.

Iko/Ninzo: Response

Barberra: That’s it?  What about the part where I get caught in a temporal rift minutes from now and then keep re-living the last ten minutes of my life for eternity?

Iko/Ninzo: Response

Barberra: ::Excited, slightly devious tone:: Okay, now tell Ensign Bec’s fortune.

Iko/Ninzo: Response

Barberra: No, that was *part* of the deal!  ::Hands at side of mouth to project voice, to Bec:: Security!  Security!  She’s trying to rip us off!

Iko/Ninzo: Response

Tags/TBC

Crewman Second Class Annamae Barberra
Liaison Officer for the Starfleet Attaché
Amity Outpost
V239511WU0