Gelehi Falshikai - Ambassador Row

Koihime Nakamura

Apr 21, 2022, 4:49:33 PM4/21/22
to Amity Outpost
((Rivi Vataix's Office, Amity Outpost))

Gelehi waited outside Rivi's office. She had some old fashioned documents - the light purple and red fiber tablets the Kathesis Pact used for formalities like this. She was strangely a little nervous about this, because it was new to her, and a new initiative - well, relatively.

The war with the Viidian Star Union had been long, and roughly a hundred years ago, they had started forming alliances, and then embassies. While embroiling the region in military alliances had issues,  it had been necessary, and nowadays, with resources being moved to economic recovery, a lot of resources were being spent on economic joint ventures, infrastructure, and colonies. Which brought her to this meeting.

.oO The Federation doesn't really have a lot of assets out here yet.. Oo.

But there was a lot of uncolonized space - largely due to the Hirogen and Borg nearby, who remained present threats to the region..

Vataix: Response

Gelehi entered, smiling a bit.

Falshikai: Madame Ambassador. I bring to you today, in the glow of the Warding Darkness, a proposal for a formal embassy from the Kathesis Pact, in order to prevent the issues raised during our last meeting from occurring in the future. But also, a proposal for trade rights and concessions. In return, we would help patrol your colonies. ::switching to less formal:: We have some forces that patrol nearby areas, so we would be willing to help. The Hirogen are still a present threat, and as best we can determine, you don't have many naval resources out here yet. In return, trading with you and you colonies would benefit both of our economies.

Vataix: Response

TAG/TBC

Gelehi Falshikai
Kathesis Pact Envoy