Ambassador Rivi Vataix: CO to CO train ride

Roshanara Rahman

Oct 10, 2021, 10:11:34 AM10/10/21
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Docking Terminal A, Amity Outpost))

As the two commanding officers walked through the large docking terminal, they were a study in contrasts. One was civilian, the other Starfleet. One with a background as a socialite and working with charities and running foundations while the other had dedicated himself to a life of scientific pursuit.

Yet now, here they both were, leading and representing the Federation's first outreach into what was now the most remote region of its influence.

Vataix: What did you think of those two back there? Dr. Orrey and Commander Iovianus. They seemed to have everything put together.

Kells: Very well, but that's what I expected. They respect the authority you've been given.

Vataix: Well, I should hope so! Otherwise, it's a long ride home for them. Anyway, I wanted to coordinate with you as the CO of the other Federation presence in the region.

Kells: (with a slight smile) Certainly. What do you want to know?

Vataix: Do you know how long you are expecting to stay in the area?

Kells: Response

Vataix: I know Starfleet is sending another explorer type out here eventually, a Galaxy class if Secretary Ventu can push it through, but it might be another month or two. Until then, you'd be our nearest support.

Kells: Response

They arrived at the station for one of Amity's "people mover" trains that would take them from the terminal to the central hub, where they could then get to Rivi's new office. The terminal--and the station for that matter--was still about a third less than its normal operating capacity, with more quantum slipstream liners expected to come over the next few weeks bringing in the rest of the station's personnel and residents.

Soon, one of the sleek trains arrived, this one with a purple stripe that ran across the full length of the train. As they stepped onto it, she looked back at Kells.

Vataix: Have you had a chance to look over the preliminary survey data of the surrounding sectors?

Kells: Response

They both took their seats, and the train began moving inward towards the central structure of the station. As the various storefronts and kiosks passed by, it was clear that living on the station was going to feel more like living in a city in space than a starship.

Vataix: I'd appreciate any data and reports you find out there on your own survey.

Kells: Response

TAG! TBC...

Ambassador Rivi Vataix
Chief of Mission and Commanding Officer, Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
I238705TZ0