Lieutenant Commander Cassian Iovianus: "Interview"

مرّة مشاهدة واحدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Jansen Orrey

غير مقروءة،
١٧ محرم ١٤٤٤ هـ، ٩:٣٨:١١ م١٧‏/١‏/١٤٤٤ هـ
إلى Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Office of the Chief of Security - Amity Outpost))

Cassian had just left the morning meeting in the dispatch/bullpen area of the Security center. He sat down behind the heavy wooden desk, the marble slab that formed its top was of a muted green that made it resemble a tree more. He had just began to cycle through attention items, and reports from the morning when their came a chime from the door. The frosted glass that ran the entire length of his door allowed him some view of what may be outside. He opened the comm to the door.

Iovianus: Can I help you?

Hopper: Good morning, Sir. Lieutenant Hopper – new Science Officer. I was told I’d need to visit your for my security clearances and, well, I was in the neighborhood. Do you have a minute?

The chief stood up and moved over to the door opening it manually. He did not recognize the officer on the other side as he looked down at her after a moment he stepped to the side and allowed her entrance..

Hopper: Pleasure to meet you. You have a very welcoming team.

Cassian returned to his seat and scrolled through the items on his PADD he did see somewhere that there was a new addition so he would have the file on his list of tasks for the day.

Hopper: I’m happy to answer any questions you might have, of course. ::Chuckling:: You never know who might have spent time in a New Zealand penal colony!

Iovianus: ::glancing up from the PADD:: Mhmm.. ::indicating the chair across his desk:: Please have a seat.

Hopper: Thank you. ::A moment’s pause:: Sir.

Iovianus: ::sitting the PADD aside:: So you have experience with the penal colony system?

Hopper: Oh! No, of course not. ::Chuckling, a little uncertainly:: Just kidding around. You don’t have anything to worry about me.

Cassian continued along with the questions making mental notes of the verbal and physical answers as they came.

Iovianus: What is your scientific specialty?

Hopper: I hold a PhD. in Physics, which I earned at Starfleet Academy – and I minored in Programming, which is more of a personal interest of mine. But, you know, like most SO’s I dabble in a little bit of everything.

Iovianus: Have you found your apartment yet? What about your medical check up?

Hopper: Actually, I just came from my check-up with Lieutenant Wong. He and I go way back – we actually met during our time as cadets in San Fran– ::Stopping herself from getting off topic:: …That can be a story for another time. I’m fit for duty. I’ve got a room booked at the Talaxi Palms hotel until my quarters are settled. Currently, I’m leaning towards the Beijing District.

Iovianus: Interesting. That is where our Chief of Mission resides.

Hopper: Well, as I sort of mentioned, I finished my studies in San Francisco at the Academy. Before that I completed my undergrad at UC Berkeley – that was my first time on Earth, actually. I grew up on Theta VII, near the edge of the Beta Quadrant. Old frontier colony world… not too far from Magna Roma, actually.

Cassian nodded his head still sitting upright in his chair behind the desk.

Iovianus: Almost a colony of the Empire at one point long ago. How is the world doing?

Hopper: It’s a small place still, though we’ve come a long way since the twenty-two-hundreds. Mostly agricultural, though there are some legacy mining operations still going on. My parents opted to settle down there and bought a farm. Needless to say, I didn’t travel much as a kid.

Iovianus: There can be benefits to that though.

Hopper: Response?

Iovianus: What brings you to the Beijing district in your thoughts?

Hopper: Response?

Iovianus: Personally I have a preference for the Rixx district. It tends toward the peaceful and quiet at most times.

Hopper: Response?

Iovianus: Have you had a chance to see The Basement yet?

Hopper: Response?

TAGS/TBC

Lieutenant Commander Cassian Iovianus
Chief of Security