Keehani Ukinix - Ninety Five Percent

Wil Ukinix

Jul 25, 2022, 12:04:29 AM7/25/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Chief of Mission Accommodations, Habitat Ring - Beijing District, Amity Outpost))

The First Secretary pressed the door chime at the main door to Rivi’s accommodations.

Wil(H): I’m really nervous.

Keehani: ::Nodding:: I know.

Wil sighed, while he stared straight ahead at the door.  Keehani turned her head to look at him.

Keehani: You can’t sense anything, can you.

Her cousin seemed tense, his lips tight as he seemingly pondered how to answer her.

Wil(H): Nnnnnnup.

Keehani’s eyes blinked as she turned her head back forward, not knowing herself what to say.  Finally, the door slid open, revealing Rivi holding a smoothie in her hand with a lipstick stain on the edge of the glass.

Keehani: Madam Abassador, I’ve come to check on your welfare, and I’ve also brought a visitor.

Wil(H): Ambassador, Keehani told me all about what happened.  I’m so sorry.  Are you okay?

Vataix: I am, thank you for asking, Wil.

Keehani’s eyes opened slightly widely.  She could sense the other presence inside.  It was very similar to the person standing next to her, again around ninety-five percent of the Wil she knew. But a *different* ninety-five percent.

Betazoid Wil was inside, and human Wil had no idea… Keehani she felt herself tense up.

Wil(H): I’m also sorry to bring up an operational matter so quickly, but ::sigh:: it’s one that’s been gnawing at me since we got back - and from a Starfleet point of view I have to ask.  This is a bit awkies, but… who’s the XO?

Keehani bit her lip, knowing that the Betazoid inside was going to answer his question…

Wil(B): Wil Ukinix.

Keehani slowly closed her eyes for a moment. oO Oh no. Oo

Her (Betazoid) cousin appeared from somewhere inside to greet Keehani and her (Human) cousin.

Wil(B): ~~ Good morning, Keehani. ~~

Her eyes opened a little wide in shock at the sight of Wil with black irises.  She felt she shouldn’t have been shocked by Betazoid Wil’s eyes nor his telepathic communication, but she was.  She momentarily looked at human Wil whose eyes were similarly wide open, before deciding that she should use verbal communication in front of him out of respect.  She could already sense he was going through enough inner turmoil.

Keehani::: Suggestively clears throat:: Good morning, cous- Wil.

Betazoid Wil looked back at his human counterpart.

Wil(B): I was in the neighbourhood, and the ambassador was most gracious in allowing me to share a drink with her.

Keehani found it hard not to smile, even just a little bit.  While Human Wil was going through a hard time internally, Betazoid Wil seemed happy and that was infectious.

Rivi smiled as she lifted her lipstick stained glass.

Vataix: We made smoothies together!

Wil(H): ::Looking back and forth between Rivi and Wil, flat tone:: At least you’ve got your clothes on.

Keehani: ::Nudging human Wil, speaking out of the corner of her mouth:: Wil! No.

Wil(B): Anyway, to your question, Wil... I had a similar thought myself, but I don't see why there has to be any confusion. You and I are both Will Ukinix. We have the same memories, the same training, the same capabilities... well, actually, I suppose that's not quite true.

Keehani watched as Rivi gave Betazoid Wil a seemingly playfully scolding look.

Vataix: ~~ That wasn't very kind, Wil. ~~

Wil(B): My apologies. It was merely an observation.

When Betazoid Wil chuckled, Human Wil furrowed his brow with a puzzled look on his face, Keehani detecting that he didn’t know what in the Four (or to use his words, “the hell”) they were talking about.

Wil(B): I think I'm beginning to understand Rivi's affection for "naked truth."

Both Keehani and human Wil put their forehead in their hands, and spoke at the same time.

Wil(H)/Keehani: ::At the same time:: Oh god…/By the Four…

Keehani looked up to see human Wil looking at her with a similar look of surprise that she had.  She sensed an overwhelming feeling of dejection in the human version of her cousin.

Keehani: ::To Wil(H):: Wait, Wil, he didn’t mean any harm by it, ::looking at Betazoid Wil:: right cous- ::closing eyes, correcting herself:: Wil?

Wil(H): ::Palms up:: Nah nah, it’s okay, I can see there’s fault lines forming here already.

Wil(B)/Vataix: Response

Keehani smiled again, this time broadly, before looking sideways at human Wil and sympathetically wiping the smile from her face, and giving a small shake of her head.

Keehani: ::Placing hand on Wil(H)’s shoulder:: We’re all in this together, Wil, nothing’s changed.

Wil(H): ::sigh:: It’s okay… I guess the advantage of having two of us is we can at least divvy up the work between us.  ::To Wil(B)::  I’ll work on the mission report today, you know which crew you have to debrief with, whaddya reckon if you tackle that part.

Wil(B): Response

Wil(H): We can work that out as we go along, just message my PADD or ::pointing at chest:: comms me-

He swallowed and stopped himself when he looked down at the spot on his uniform where his combadge was temporarily missing.

Wil(H): -once I put my combadge back on ::awkwardly clears throat::.

Vataix/Wil(B): Response

Wil(H): Oh, and another thing. I think we should give each other space, so you can have the apartment. I’ll check into the hotel in Paxau, I’m sure they’ll be able to sort me out.

Wil(B)/Vataix: Response

Wil(H): ::Handwave:: Nah nah, all good, I can replicate everything. ::To Rivi:: Madame Ambassador, I intend to review everything that happened on your trip as well, maybe San Fran underestimated our risk posture in regards to the Hirogen.

Vataix: Response

Wil(H): The last thing we need is them coming here and trying to take over the outpost to try and turn it into a huge holodeck.

Wil(B)/Vataix: Response

There was an awkward silence, before Keehani decided to break it.  She clasped her hands and subconsciously went into “diplomat mode”.

Keehani: Well, then.  We shall let you get back to your smoothies and I shall ensure our favourite human First Officer gets suitable accommodations, unless there’s anything else, Madam Ambassador?

Vataix/Wil(B): Response

Tags/TBC!

First Secretary Keehani Ukinix
Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
V239511WU0