First Secretary Keehani Ukinix - Parisian Minds

Wil Ukinix

Nov 6, 2022, 4:51:12 AM11/6/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((In front of the Community Services Building, Cherry Blossom Biome - Peace Park))

Keehani’s mind was a little busy, thinking of all the things she had to do before she began the long QSD journey back to Betazed.  And was she still suffering tiredness from the Trenvonn drone attack on her immune system on Idrustix.

Then came the news that there was a technical possibility that her two cousins could be re-united as one.  She really, really wanted Wil, at least one of them, to go with her to Betazed to find out the fate of her petition regarding the Ninth House.  But that all depended on whether the merger would happen, if they both agreed.  She had accepted that she may have to go to her home planet by herself if Wil’s mind, either one or two of them, was not committed to learning her family’s fate.

Meeting with Ambassador Vataix and Envoy Orrey was a welcome distraction, especially in the beuaitful surrounds of Peace Park.  Looking around at the beautiful cherry blossom trees, she decided that one day she would have to make time to see Washington DC on Earth for herself.

Orrey: A pleasure to meet you both here one more time.

Keehani clasped her hands in front of her, and smiled politely to the seasoned professional.

Keehani: It’s a pleasure to see you again, Envoy.

Vataix:: Response?

Orrey: Actually if you would like to take a walk we have some things to discuss and there is a lovely bench nearby.

Keehani nodded when Jansen gestured towards the circular path around the lake.  She listened intently as he spoke.

Orrey: The Undersecretary for Commerce sent word that they are very happy about the reports they have been receiving about things so far. They also sent their final approval on all our upcoming treaties and trade agreements.

Keehani: ::slight eye roll, exasperated sigh of relief:: Oh, thank the Four.  We can finally put the Kathesis pact agreement out of our minds.

Orrey: I also have some scuttlebutt for what it is worth from some of my sources back at Command. I feel like I should bring this up to you and let it filter through you and Wil, or Wils as you see fit. Starfleet is considering Amity for both outposts of a marine division as well as an outpost of the intelligence service

Upon hearing the news, Keehani’s eyes opened a little wide, matched when her jaw dropped slightly.

Vataix: Response

Orrey: Speaking frankly and for what it is worth I don’t think either would fit well on Amity, but that is above my pay grade as they say.

Keehani: You’re absolutely right it would not fit on Amity.  We are already recovering from some PR mishaps.  How would that look diplomatically to the entire quadrant if Starfleet get their way on this – and worse, if the FDC *approve* this?  How *ridiculous*.

Vataix: Response?

Keehani: ::Eye roll:: Our people in Paris need their minds inspected for even considering the idea.

Vataix: Response

Keehani: Sometimes I wonder if “Starfleet Intelligence” is an oxymoron.

Vataix/Orrey: Responses

Keehani: Has there been any further word from the Trenvonn?

Vataix/Orrey: Responses

Keehani: The only communique I’ve seen is that they have no objections to the Betazoid government setting up colonies on the planet, should they wish to continue, as long as we can provide assurances on the containment of the bacteria - ::lifting finger:: with evidence as such, including detailed information for their further study.

Keehani turned to look at the lake as someone in a kayak slowly paddled by.

Keehani: They sure love their data.

Vataix/Orrey: Responses

Tags/TBC!

First Secretary Keehani Ukinix
Ambassadorial Aide, Amity Outpost

Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
V239511WU0