Crewman Annamae Barberra - Chocolate Warp 3 Moopsy

Wil Ukinix

Dec 10, 2023, 4:38:01 PM12/10/23
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Flashback, SD240009.17 – Iko’s Apartment, Marrakech district, Habitat Ring, Amity Outpost))

Barberra: Think they’d let me get a pet moopsy? Much cuter than a tribble.

Bec took the time to rest her plate on her knee, as if pondering a question just as important of whether Annamae was the evil parallel universe version of herself.

Iko: Neither of those things are in any way cute.

oO Oh yeah. Half Klingon.  Hates tribbles. Forgot about that part. Oo

Barberra: I could keep it inside a level 10 containment field.  ::Shrug:: It’d be fine.

Iko: If you get a moopsy, and it drinks your bones… ::taking and swallowing a bite of cake:: …I will laugh.

Annamae thought about that for a moment. “Death came to her from a moopsy” would be written in her memorial. oO Amazing! Oo

She finished chewing a mouthful of cake, before turning to Bec, and, for one of the rare times in her life, showing a serious facial expression.

Barberra: Bec, are we okay?

Annamae’s eyes were fixed on her girlfriend. She watched as Bec’s gaze shifted from the cake, back to the plate, and then back to herself. She gave a small smile when Bec’s eyes met hers.

Iko: I hope so.

Then Annamae’s large brown eyes shifted left, like they often did when she was thinking of something to say, or she was pondering life, the universe, and everything.

Barberra: I hope so too.

Her eyes shifted back, as Bec cut off another piece of cake to eat – but spoke before eating.

Iko: I pushed you away. Last night… I closed the door and I cried.

Annamae went to say something but realised she didn’t have anything yet to say. She instead exhaled, looked down, then reached her hand to gently rub Bec’s shoulder.

Eventually she gave a small smile and looked up.

Barberra: I’m still here.

Iko: But… we’re having cake for breakfast together, so… maybe we’re actually not half bad.

Annamae’s eyes shifted left again.

Barberra: I actually like being half bad.

A small smirk appeared on her face, before her eyes shifted right to look at Bec again.

Barberra: But I’d prefer us to be all good. If that article is true, and you were caught up in all that? I don’t need to know... oh god, as much as I’d love to know, damn it!...

Annamae was not used to consoling or showing genuine affection. It was somewhat of a rebellious reaction to her overly cheerful parents, *long* before her rebellious teenage years. In fact, when those years hit, she was already a veteran.

Her younger sister Clarabelle had followed in Annamae’s footsteps from an even younger age, and had been just as much of an influence on Annamae as much as Annamae was on Clarabelle – even piquing Annamae’s objective interest in all things occult, surreal, and non-corporeal. The two sisters fed off each other’s strange interest in dark and weird subjects, just in spite of their parents.

But Steven and Catherine Barberra were always unconditionally loving and supportive of their two daughters, no matter that you could mistake the two sisters as by-products of a dark universe, shipped to the wrong one but conditioned to be able to live in the this where she was becoming a Starfleet crew member – and hopefully, one day, a Starfleet officer.

And while the daughters might have not enjoyed their parents fawning over them and showing them – eww – affection, how to show that love and affection did sink in despite Annamae’s best efforts to pretend that it didn’t. As a woman in her young twenties, those lessons were starting to become useful. And Annamae had an affection for the feisty Klingon/Human hybrid sitting in front of her. Not only because she was a feisty Klingon/Human hybrid (and of course that feisty Klingon side was quietly *irresistible* to Annamae), because she felt for her and cared about her deeply.

Annamae rubbed Bec’s arm up and down for a few moments.

Barberra: You can, you know, talk to me about your feelings. I’m far from a counsellor, but that’s what partners do. ::Eyes left again:: I think. ::Back to Bec:: Okay?

Bec used her spoon to point at the last of the slice on her plate.

Iko: I might need the recipe to this by the way. How much poison did you add?

Barberra: Not poison. ::Eyes open slightly wide:: Antimatter waste.

Iko: Response

Barberra: I want to see if I can put some nacelles on you and get you to warp 3.

Iko: Response

Barberra: I don’t know about poison, but I think I put too much cocoa in this moopsy. It’s very rich.

Iko: Response

Annamae smile, and leaned back in her seat, just observing Bec for a moment – and admitting to herself how lucky she was to have her. She twirled the ends of her hair.

Barberra: Hey, now that we’ve had breakfast, you wanna do something fun in a holodeck later?

Iko: Response

Tags/End Scene!

Commander Wil Ukinix
Starfleet attaché and First Officer