Girls’ Trip - Chapter 2: A Thousand Miles (Part 1)

Rivi Vataix

Jun 14, 2022, 10:43:16 AM6/14/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Locker Room, Shuttlebay Section Bravo, Amity Outpost))

Lieutenant JG Selita Dimuri was doing a final check on her backpack and gear for the imminent trip to Fana 6519-G, one of the alternate candidate planets that Ambassador Vataix and the Betazoid mediator Tani Lekasa would be surveying for the Betazed government. The 25-year-old security officer was looking forward to the trip and getting a real breath of fresh air. With Amity Outpost not being in orbit of an actual planet like many other starbases, the only true parts of nature outside of the holodecks were the trees and flowers in Peace Park.

Dimuri: When’s the last time you went camping, Rigo?

Rodrigo smiled while he listened to Selita, as he kicked a white round ball from one foot to the other, keeping it from the ground. As usual, he had rapidly gotten ready for duty so that it gave him extra time to enjoy the second passion in his life - football.

Bonilla: Camping? Pssht. ::keeping eye on ball:: I’d rather just shoot penalties at a goal in a holodeck. In fact, I did that on my time off last week.

Selita rolled her eyes. How someone as fit as Rigo could be so content to just kick a ball in a simulated holo-environment, she would never understand.

Dimuri: Well, if the beaches on this planet are as good as they look on the scans, you better get ready. I haven’t been able to surf since I was last home, and I packed my board–and one for you–so I can finally teach you.

Bonilla: Well that’s good, because I’ve packed my beach goals so we can have penalty shootouts. ::Smirking, still kicking ball:: Do they teach you how to be a goalkeeper on Fiji?

She narrowed her eyes a bit at the Peruvian young man.

Dimuri: I’m going to pretend that wasn’t the insult that it was.

Bonlla: ::Cheekily:: Oh, it was an insult, Selita.

Rigo kicked the ball up into the air, allowed it to land on his forehead, then onto his chest, before something caught his eye - which made him miss the ball with his foot. It dropped to the ground, and rolled towards the doorway, where Tani Lekasa, bent down to pick it up.

She stood up again, holding the ball. She was already dressed for a day out in the sun, wearing a light sheer beachdress. A lacey pattern of purple threads covered up the bikini that she was underneath.

Lekasa: Oh, hey there!

A big smile appeared on Rigo’s face when he saw the blonde Betazoid woman. He momentarily stroked the stubbled beard on his chin.

Bonilla: Hello, Miss. Would you mind passing back my ball?

Tani smiled back and tossed the ball–in a sort of clumsy fashion, clearly not a skilled player herself. She was unfamiliar with the Earth game.

Rigo moved to the right, and expertly stuck his foot out to kick the ball up to his chest, let it bounce on to his raised knee, and then into his hands.

Lekasa: Oh, wow!

The Peruvian then took a bow.

The Betazoid mediator clapped her hands.

Lekasa: Wonderful. I just wanted to let you know the Ambassador has arrived along with First Secretary Ukinix in the shuttlebay.

Before her colleague could indulge in anymore juggling, Selita interjected, grabbing her backpack.

Dimuri: Thank you, Ms. Lekasa. We’ll be right there.

Rigo put his ball under his arm, and pointed with his thumb over his shoulder.

Bonilla: ::Smiling:: Yes Miss, the Yosemite is all prepared for our departure.

After Tani had left, Selita couldn’t resist poking a little fun at her colleague.

Dimuri: All right, we better go… unless you’d still rather go play with yourself in the holodeck.

She flashed a sassy smile at him.

Rigo flashed his own smile back, as he bounced the ball on the ground a few times with his hands.

Bonilla: Hey, I’m just doing my job. ::tucking ball under am:: Escorting two gorgeous blonde Betazoids to a tropical planet. ::Even bigger smile:: I love my job.

TBC…

Lt JG Selita Dimuri
Security Officer
Amity Outpost