[TEASER] Amb. Vataix, Vice Chief Marshal Blake, Lt Cmdr Ukinix - What A Life! (Part 2)

Rivi Vataix

Dec 8, 2022, 12:09:47 AM12/8/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Scoutship Daintree, Shuttlebay Section Alpha))

Tenille: =/\= You are cleared for departure.  Safe travels, Commander. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Acknowledged, thanks Ensign.  See you when we get back.  Daintree out.

While Wil was the person that had made the departure request to Ops, he was not the one piloting the shuttle - he assumed much to the relief of his fellow shuttle mates.

Ukinix: Well then, ::rubbing hands together:: shall we go to… wherever it is we’re going?

Blake: It’s just a tour of the area.

Vataix: That’s right! I thought it was time to give my cousin a proper look around our lovely surrounds…

Rivi shrugged as she looked over at the Colonial Coalition Marshals Service vice chief.

Vataix: Not that it’s anything you haven’t seen before, I’m sure…

Blake: You forget, I’m constantly stuck with tetryon emissions clouding every inch of most of my work area. It’s not often I get to see other, less turbulent areas of space.

Ukinix: Don’t forget about our nebula gases.  ::Pondering:: Okay, not the same as the Shoals, and a lot prettier… ::awkwardly clears throat:: okay I’ll shut up now.

Blake: No, please. Gush away.

Wil chuckled a little, before he turned to the console’s screen of the tactical station he was sitting at.  On it was a short range map of the Nuriootpa solar nebula.

Ukinix: Wanna check out the space sea cow angels first?

Blake: The what?

Ukinix: Otherwise known as “Stellaesirenia amicus”.  The creatures revered by the Hawlat.  They fart space gases.  They’re now all in a reserve in this solar nebula, and are pretty amazing to watch.

Rivi stifled a giggle at Wil’s “professional” explanation that included the technical jargon of “fart.”

Blake: …eloquently put.

Ukinix: Well then, Blake, you may as well do the honours and take us out.

With a smirk, the Brekkian Betazoid’s hands reached for the helm controls.

Blake: Yes sir.

Rivi watched with a bit of familial pride seeing her cousin take up the forward center pilot’s seat of the Talon class scoutship. The ambassador herself took a seat behind Blake on the right while Wil took his own seat on the left.

((Stella reserve, a short time later))

Behind the reserve’s “fences” that kept the Stellae in, a large number of the curious creatures playfully and gracefully circled around, pleased by the arrival of the Talon class scout.

Rivi looked over at one of the display screens that showed the various tagged positions of the Stellae.

Vataix: Do you see “Julie” anywhere?

Ukinix: ::Checking console:: Hmmm… nup, no signal for her.

Blake: There’s another outpost here?

Rivi looked back over at Blake, still at the helm up front, and explained.

Vataix: The school children have named some of the Stellae.

Ukinix: Yeah and that one was named by little Molly Williams.  Cute kid who lets herself wander around the station sometimes.

Blake: …you let kids wander around Amity unattended?

Rivi smiled in amusement at her cousin’s question. Perhaps she was curious about the care of Ayeden.

Ukinix: Let’s just call her “free range”.

Blake, being particularly “hands off” when it came to parenting her own children, felt she didn’t have much of an allowance to criticise. During the days she’d spent on Amity so far, Ayeden had always been in arms-reach of someone.

Blake: …right.

Vataix: You needn’t vex yourself, cousin. She and the rest of the children on Amity are under good care.

Ukinix: Hey, check it out.  ::Looking up from console to window:: There’s more Stellae coming over.

The two blondes looked up.

Vataix: Aww… ::grinning widely:: It never gets old.

Wil got up from his seat, stood with his arms crossed, just watching as the playful creatures happily moved around in circles, seemingly without a care in the galaxy.

Ukinix: What a life.  Nothing, but sleeping and eating, and playing around.

Blake: Are you describing yourself or the creatures?

A knowing smirk appeared across Wil’s face.  There was no doubting he did enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

Ukinix: ::Slight smirk:: And farting.

Rivi scrunched her nose. Sometimes she wondered how he and the ever graceful Keehani were actually related.

Evidently, her cousin caught sight of her reaction.

Blake:::with a shrug:: He’s your First Officer…

Vataix: Oh, I *never* forget…

Wil’s smirk got bigger, proud of that exchange of conversation.  About farting.  With a Betazoid Noble.

As the Daintree continued to coast along the edge of the reserve, suddenly a dark shadow crept from behind, blocking the distant light from the center of the solar nebula. Rivi peered up just as the proximity sensors alerted to see the saucer rim of the Kitty Hawk fly past before the entire ship hovered above them.

Ukinix: ::looking at console, furrowing brow:: What’s the Kitty Hawk doing here?

Blake: They’re hailing.

The incoming com signal chimed.

Kitty Hawk: =/\= Scoutship Daintree, this is the USS Kitty Hawk. Shut off your engines and prepare to be beamed aboard. =/\=

Rivi listened with raised eyebrows before looking over at Wil.

Vataix: Hmmm… this is interesting!

But Wil was confused.  He decided to get clarification - and, with a hint of mischief, tease them a little.

Ukinix: =/\= Beamed aboard what, exactly? =/\=

Blake:::blinking:: Are you seriously arguing with Rahman’s ship?

The male voice on the other end of the line though ignored the questions and stated bluntly again.

Kitty Hawk: =/\= Repeat, Scoutship Daintree, shut off your engines. This is your final warning. =/\=

And as Blake began to comply with their orders (keenly aware she was not currently a Starfleet officer, despite piloting a Starfleet vessel), Wil spoke again.

Ukinix: =/\= Mate, seriously, get stuffed.  You do realise we’re a Starfleet vessel with an FDC ambassador on board- =/\=

But he was cut off when he heard a familiar–and annoyed–captain’s voice interject.

Rahman: =/\= Oh, for %$@#’s sake, energize! =/\=

Suddenly, Wil, Blake, and Rivi felt the familiar tingling sensation of the dematerialization process begin.

Wil’s face suddenly went a little pale.

Ukinix: Uh oh, it’s Roshie…

But soon enough he–and the entire scoutship–was transported into the Kitty Hawk’s main shuttlebay.

TBC…

Vice Chief Marshal Sky Blake
Colonial Coalition Marshals Service

C238803SB0