Lt. Robin Hopper: Pop! Pop!

Robin Hopper

Nov 29, 2022, 3:34:48 PM11/29/22
to Amity Outpost

((Amity Outpost – Grand Mezzanine, Glommer & Beagle))

Robin sat, sipping on a rootbeer float across the table from Ikaia, wondering where he was. Her friend seemed distant – wrapped up in work, most likely. She knew what a constant presence the responsibility could be, looking out for an entire department – and Medical especially.

The truth was, though, that their Shore Leave was nearly over and she’d barely gotten to see Ikaia outside of a holodeck training simulation. So, when the possibility of a pub crawl had been suggested, she’d set aside all her other plans for the evening.

Suddenly, her own thoughts were interrupted by a tap at her shoulder. She turned to look and caught sight of a gold uniform behind her – by the time she’d looked back the other way and found the culprit, one of her precious jalapeno poppers had already been purloined. The thief gave her a playful grin and Robin scowled at him in mock contempt.

Richards: Hey everyone! Sorry we are late. How is everyone? What do we have going on?

S’Raga/Iko: Response

Hopper: Ikaia needs to unwind… So we’ve taken it on ourselves to organize a sort of impromptu ‘pub crawl’ around the station. Hopefully we can actually make it to all the bars on Amity.

She glanced at Ikaia and, seeing that his attention was still elsewhere, pointed at him stealthily.

Hopper: ::Mouthing silently to Nathan::  “He’s a lightweight.”

As Ikaia spoke suddenly, she cleared her throat and folded her hands in front of her on the table, doing her best to look innocent as the latecomers took their seats.

Wong: Okay. So the plan is simple - we look out for each other and enjoy ourselves, okay?

Richards: ::Smiling:: Sounds good to me!

Iko/S’Raga: Response

Hopper: Oh, Ikaia, enough planning. You’re supposed to be here to loosen up.  ::Smiling::  Just enjoy yourself!

She wasn’t sure if that would be enough to convince him to let go of his responsibilities for the night, but she wanted to see him embrace the fun. Ikaia had always been wound a little tight, like a spring. When he allowed himself to release that tension he was an absolute blast – she’d seen his hula – and when he didn’t, he could be like a bunch of nervous fireworks just waiting for a spark.

Wong: But anyways, I’m glad to have you here this evening!

Robin nodded and smiled. He seemed to be accepting it. Her thoughts were once again interrupted by Nathan, reaching across to take a popper from her plate. She smacked his hand, but he got away with it anyways and she gawked at him incredulously as he scarfed it down. The scoundrel.

oO You owe me two poppers, Mr. Richards..  ::menacing squint::  ..and I intend to collect. Oo

Richards: I’m glad that we all had the time to finally get out and do something together! I feel like we all needed this.

Robin took the menu PADD from S’Raga and navigated to Richards’ order. She added a second plate of jalapeno poppers and sent the order to the kitchen.  oO  Justice is served.  Oo

Iko/S’Raga: Response

Hopper: ::Placing the menu PADD back in the center of the table, satisfied::  And I’m still getting the lay of the land here.  ::Looking over her shoulder::  Does the Glommer and Beagle usually have a stage? Somebody fill me in.

Wong: Alright. It’s open mic night here. Who wants to try and take a crack at it?

Nathan also seemed surprised at the appearance of the temporary stage, glancing over his shoulder.

Richards: What are we talkin? Comedy? Karaoke? Slam poetry?

Iko/S’Raga/Wong: Response

Hopper: ::Shrugging:: Sounds fun to me! I don’t know any poems, and I’m sure I’d be boo’d off the stage if I tried my hand at comedy. But I think a couple drinks could convince me that singing was a good idea…

She sipped her root beer and glanced around the table, wondering which of them would brave the stage first.

Richards: ::Smirking:: Get a few drinks in me, and I’ll be up there doing all of the above in no time.

oO  That figures.  Oo

Iko/S’Raga/Wong: Response

Hopper

Richards: What can I say, I’m fun when I drink.

Hopper: ::Chuckling::  You’re a menace.  ::Tilting her head to the side and scrunching up her face as if she were admitting she secretly enjoyed Klingon pain sticks::  A fun menace…

Iko/S’Raga/Wong/Richards: Response

The service was quite fast and their orders were brought to the table by a smiling server. A second plate of jalapeno poppers was placed in front of Nathan. Robin enjoyed watching his reaction as she reached over and took two of the snacks off his plate and reloaded her own victoriously.

Server: Would anyone care to place a drink order while I’m here? Hopefully you’ve all had time to browse our taps list?

Hopper: I’ll take a Moscow Mule, please – with a dash of pineapple juice.  ::Looking around the table::  I can’t drink beer – but I’d go in on a pitcher of sangria or something, if anyone’s into that.

Iko/S’Raga/Wong/Richards: Response

Server: Alright, I’ll get those orders in. Be right back. Enjoy your food, everyone.

As the server strode back towards the bar, Robin ate another jalapeno popper. She liked the curly fries at Wet Goods better, but it was hard to go wrong with melty cheese stuffed inside a breaded and fried hot pepper.

Hopper: Not to get ahead of ourselves, but where should we go next? I’ve been dying to try one of the symmetrical cocktails at Three Stripes –  ::chuckling::  and we should probably go there before we all get too trashed.

Iko/S’Raga/Wong/Richards: Response

Hopper: Oh – and has anyone been to that place that just opened up in the merchant district? What’s it called? The Something Targ?

Iko/S’Raga/Wong/Richards: Response

TBC

==

Lt. Robin Hopper (she/they)