Lt. JG Rebecca Iko - Engineers = Wizards

Zenia Emba

Aug 16, 2022, 6:48:52 AM8/16/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Main engineering, USS Kitty Hawk))

Iko: Yes. Uhm... where to first?

Reade: I wanna check out the warp core. Assuming its got to be massive on this ship compared to the small one on the Indy. ::Pointing to Bec:: Shall we?

Iko: ::shrug:: Lets go!

She was going to say that anyway, whether it was the warp core, whatcha-me-call-its or thingamabobs, or another very-important-thing-that-she-didn't-know-the-name-of.

Scotty smiled.

Reade: Follow me.

He led her through what felt like a maze, yet wasn't - unless it was some kind of maze where you had several "this way" signs that actually led you in the right direction. She was nudged our of her awe and mild intimidation by Scotty's voice.

Reade: So, how are you coping with Paarus not being around?

He paused when the question was asked, facing her, while Bec shrugged, gently and quizzically.

Iko: Eh... could be better.

There was more about that that could be said, (like accidentally crashing at Wongs one night) but she decided against it. For now at least...

Reade: I see. Did he give any ETA of when he was coming back aboard?

Iko: ::pursing lips:: No... Not really...

She'd kept his room tidy, awaiting the return of Ensign Paarus Zalbac all the same, whether tomorrow or in the 2300s.

Reade: Ah. Hopefully, he returns; he was a good guy. Anyhoo, I think we are at the warp core now.

She thought momentarily about the fact that Scotty was gonna need a new roomie shortly - possibly. Ne might not leave, but still.

The intimidation the Kitty gave Bec increased slightly when the powerhouse - no no - the ships heart was sitting there, in front of them, beating.

Iko: ::whispering to herself in awe:: Holy $#%@...

Reade: This thing is massive. What do you think Bec?

Iko: Kinda like magic...

Reade: I totally agree. Maybe we can take some notes and see if we can optimize Indy’s core.

She held back. It was a daunting place, an unfamiliar place, and there was so much she didn't know, from the console readouts to the crewmembers walking by. It really was just magic to her - and engineers were the wizards and magicians. She felt small.

Iko: ::mumbling:: Maybe...

Reade: response

Iko: Its just... magic. It almost sounds like you've starting casting your engineering spells already.

Reade: response

Iko: You're fine to go off and explore, I'll still be here.

Reade: response

Iko: Scotty! Go have fun!

Reade: response

Reade: