Lieutenant Commander Jansen Orrey: And fit for duty.

Jansen Orrey

Jul 24, 2024, 12:00:00 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Sick Bay, Deck 2 - USS Kitty Hawk))

Jane (731): You can shoot me if you want, but it won't matter... I'm going to bleed out soon enough.

Blackwood: Well, it’s nice to see everyone here isn’t a Borg.

Ukinix: ::to 731:: One wrong move and you’re *gone*.

Blake: Response

Carter: Hang on Jane....

Wong: Hold still. This isn’t going to hurt.

Orrey: Who is she?

Sadar: Response

Jane (731): $#@%-ing Borg pieces of #$@% shot me. They killed my brothers and sisters.

A changeling then? Fascinating. Wil couldn’t stand her and John was concerned. Jansen did what he did best and quietly stood back to watch.

Jane (731): Looks like I'm the only one left you have to deal with now.

The HoloIkaias continued their valiant defense of the outside hallway.

Jane (731): But I think you've got bigger problems on your hands.

Ylvor: ::Under her breath:: You don't say... ::looking at her hands::

Carter: How long can we stay in here?

Blackwood: Depends how quick you want our ship back.

Wil kept his eye, and his phaser, on the changeling posing as a woman.

Ukinix: ::Nodding in agreement with Blackwood, still pointing phaser at 731:: Not long, Commander. We’ll have to keep moving. We have to find a way to unassimilate our crew, and fight back against The Collective.

Blake: Response

Wong: As long as quarantine and my clones hold. Speaking of which….

He briefly glanced up from his work.

Wong: Computer, establish emergency quarantine. Authorization Wong Delta-Delta-Gamma.

Computer: Acknowledged.

Wong focused on the changeling’s shoulder.

Wong: There. There’s nothing getting in or out at least for a little while.

Orrey: At least we have the labs in the back.

Sadar: Response

Jane (731): Hello again, $#@#-head.

Wil took a slight step forward, it was almost the most serious Jansen had ever seen him. Top 3 at least whoever the Changeling was she had tricked Wil in some way.

Ukinix: Yyyyyou #####&$#$%@ %^&#$#. Someone break its ribs for me? See how it likes it.

Ylvor: Computer.. Activate EMH.

EMH: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

Ylvor: Treat Blake first, then scan me.. only. No treatment.

EMH: Hmph. As you wish.

Ukinix: ::Over his shoulder:: Torvi needs to be scanned. She’s... resisting.

Rahman/Blake: Response

Blackwood: How is everyone holding up?

Carter: It's been one hell of a day.....

That was an understatement. He had started his day trying to get the Ambassador into the clinic for a checkup in the damned Delta Quadrant.

Wong: Hell doesn’t even begin to describe the half of it.

The sound of the hypospray perked the doctor’s ears as Ikaia had finished his treatment.

Wong: Okay. That should work. I’ve also given you a painkiller for the pain. Although, I’d advise care with it while you’re in this form.

Orrey: I wouldn’t recommend dropping the form for a while either.

Sadar: Response

Ylvor: ::To EMH:: You need to scan me and figure out how I got assimilated without even seeing a drone!

EMH: I'm a Doctor, not a Borg expert.

Jansen signed, stock EMH programs were always such a…

Ylvor: Just do the scan, ::She snapped, then realising she softened:: Please.

EMH: Hmph. ::The bald headed doctor raised an eyebrow and picked up a tricorder.::

Aggravating…

EMH: It would appear you are... in less than optimal health..

Foolish..

Blackwood: ::Sarcastically:: You don’t say?

Ukinix: I swear to god Doctor, if you don’t take into context what we’re facing at the moment, we’ll switch you off.

Rahman/Blake: Response

Carter: What...exactly does that mean?

Blackwood: Sounds like the EMH needs patching.

Ukinix: ::Still pointing phaser at “Jane”:: That’s putting it mildly.

Rahman/Blake: Response

Wong: It means we need to put the pieces together. Reverse this madness.

Orrey: That would be an understatement but the dispersal method still illudes us.

Sadar: Response

There was a chirp from the computer.

Computer: Warning: Klingon Augment Virus detected.

Jansen’s eyebrow touched his hairline as he spun around to look at Wong. That should be accounted for why was there a warning.

Wong: ::Coughs:: …. What?

Blackwood: Want to clear that up for some of us, Doc?

Orrey: Ikaia?

Rahman/Jane (731)/Blake/Blackwood/Sadar/Ylvor/Carter: Response

Will motioned for “Jane” to move but Jansen was more focused on Wong. He had been off since their return to the ship this could be it.

Wong: Computer, what percentage is in this room right now?

Computer: Klingon Augment Virus detected at 5%.

That wasn’t right….those were not the right numbers for Ikaia’s file.

Wong: Computer, redefine acceptable limits as 5%.

Computer: Acknowledged.

Jansen moved over to look at the tricorder with Ikaia to see if he could spot a difference.

Rahman/Jane (731)/Blake/Blackwood/Sadar/Ylvor/Carter: Response

Wong: No. It’s 5%. It should *never* be at 5%.

And the stress took over, Jansen took a step back as he saw the retch just before the….

Wong: *Huraaap!*

...vomit. Twice in one day. That was not a record he wanted to continue.

Ukinix: ::putting his elbow over his nose to block out the smell, muffled:: Is everyone alright?

Jansen went off to the replicator for biodry. If they were going to be locked in the room they weren’t going to be smelling Klingon stomach acid. He covered over the mess and left the spare on the reception desk in case it wasn’t enough.

Jane (731): Response

Ukinix: Shutup, you.

Rahman/Jane (731)/Blake/Blackwood/Sadar/Ylvor/Carter: Response

Wong: ….. Doctor Sadar, please take whatever samples you need and head to the labs with Orrey. I’ll join you soon.

Orrey: Blood samples from you, Ylvor…Wil….I can be the human control….::looking at Sadar:: You will need to give one as well. ::glancing at his former captain and the XO turned Marshal:: Blake Rahman I need you two to give as well.

Sadar: Response

Jansen went with Doctor Sadar dividing up the task of collecting the blood samples he would need to go over the planned experiments.

Ukinix: Oh, and Jansen?

Orrey: eh?

Ukinix: ::Eyes still on the Changeling:: Sorry to do this, but given the circumstances…

Orrey: oO Wil… Oo

Ukinix: …we’re going reinstate you as a Starfleet officer using the reserve activation clause Starfleet regulation.

Orrey:  oO You can’t hear me but you can pick up on these vibrations you absolute…Oo

Ukinix: Welcome back, Lieutenant Commander.

Starfleet. His life’s work, the goal he had since he could toddle. The goal he had given up on. He narrowed his eyes as the Austrailian.

Orrey: You absolutely owe me a rosewood box. ::gathering the samples and nodding to Sadar:: Come on the galaxies are all laid out the same the medical labs are in the back over here.

Sadar: Response

Tags/TBC

Lieutenant Commander Jansen Orrey M.D.

Chief of Medicine