MSPNPC Prarim: The Calling

Keegan Flick-Parker

Nov 15, 2021, 3:20:44 PM11/15/21
to Amity Outpost

((Main Conference Room, Amity Outpost))

The meeting had begun to adjourn, but Luminary Prarim knew that the spiritual journey was only just beginning. Soon, the Great Spirit would let its will be known.

Vataix: In the meantime, any further information you can give us about this ritual would be helpful for our own preparations...

Prarim: Of course, Ambassador. I shall have the Fellowship of Acolytes reach out to you with additional details. I hope it will suffice, for now, to say that the Ritual has never once truly harmed any who took part - though while they partake, they may well face dangers which they believe are quite real. It is not a challenge to take lightly.

Taven: Response

Vataix: Thank you all for coming.

Prarim bowed and then, motioning for Taven to follow, left the room at a quick pace. There was much to discuss amongst the Hawlat. Prarim had noted the arrival of First Secretary Ukinix - and that meant Sahim would have returned as well.

Prarim: Come, Taven. You did well in our talks with the Federation… Now we must go and confer with Sahim. I’m sure she will have much firsthand experience to illuminate us with.

Taven: Response

((A few minutes later - Private Conference Room E, Amity Outpost))

Prarim and Taven entered the agreed-upon meeting place, finding Pilgrim Sahim already arrived. Prarim smiled warmly, glad to see that she had returned from her expedition aboard the Starfleet vessel no worse for wear - though he wondered at what she had seen and how it might have affected her within.

Sahim: Luminary Prarim, Acolyte Taven...

Prarim greeted the Pilgrim with the traditional gesture, a hand to the forehead, then to the mouth, and finally to the stomach - a symbolic representation of the nourishing illumination provided each day by the Great Spirit.

Prarim: Sahim, it is wonderful to see you again. I trust that you are well.

Taven: Response

Sahim: I've come as requested.

Prarim: But of course. Please, let us all sit and take stock of what has transpired. I desire greatly to know what you have learned.

Taven: Response

Sahim: I've got an expedition with the first secretary the chief medical officer and other two, a scientist and a doctor.

Prarim: ::Intrigued:: I see. Then our expectations were correct, indeed. The Federation means to study the Angels… I take it they did not disturb them?

Taven: Response

She nodded at the comment and thought about her response

Sahim: They proceeded with caution, they didn't approach the Angels too much, and as far as I know they only took passive readings of them. Another ship was in the area, or so I thought, and warned us that the Angels liked the plasma their ships vent.

Taven: Response

Prarim nodded. Sahim spoke well of the Starfleet Officers. This was a good omen.

Prarim: It is well that you were there to monitor them. ::To Taven:: Their respectful conduct is noted. ::To both:: Though we must recall that not all those who have appeared friendly in the past have remained so. We must always be vigilant. ::To Sahim:: Tell us, what happened next?

Sahim: The Angels approached our shuttle and began... contact. It seems that they're really attracted by their ships. That might be part of why and/or how the problems with the miners began.

Prarim considered the information for a moment.

Prarim: Do you believe, then, that the Angels themselves chose to engage with the miners?

Taven: Response

Sahim: I don't mean anything against the Angels. I'm just pointing out that there's something attracting in Federation technology at least for the Angels. We don't have that kind of problems with our ships, as far as I know...

Taven: Response

Prarim understood little of the ships’ technology and deferred his opinion to the younger Acolyte and Pilgrim. All he knew was that they carried the Hawlat where they needed to go.

Prarim: And what of your personal opinion on the Federation’s interests? So far, they have seemed trustworthy - though they are newcomers to these pastures. What does your intuition tell you, Sahim?

Sahim: I didn't get into details with the Starfleet crew. I thought it'll be better to let you know what I've seen and seek your advice about how to proceed from here on. I'm inclined to trust that they really don't want to hurt the Angels or to mingle with our faith, but we can't be completely sure, at least not yet, right?

Prarim closed his eyes and gave a single, humble nod. Sahim spoke wisdom, and the Great Spirit spoke the same wisdom to the Luminary. They were in agreement.

Prarim: So far the Federation has demonstrated an earnest restraint in the face of this disagreement - and I believe they are acting in good faith. However, the question remains if they will remain loyal to their purported belief in tolerance if a resolution cannot be made with the mining corporations… As such, I have invoked the Right of Trust.

Taven: Response

Despite her interest in science her beliefs came first and the respect for the Luminary position to interpret their beliefs. The next step in their relationship with the Federation will be determined by her elders.

Sahim: Response

Prarim: While the Federation selects their representatives, we must also choose from among our people… I believe I know at least one Hawlat on whom the Great Spirit’s light shines in this matter. ::Turning to Taven:: I would like for you to take part in the Ritual, Acolyte Taven.

Taven: Response

Sahim: Response

Prarim: Sahim, if the Federation opts to have a second participant, I believe your thoughtful spirit would be welcomed as part of the Ritual as well. If not, then I am sure they will appreciate having you on hand to ensure the event goes smoothly. There is much to do and little time… Tell me, have either of you undergone the Ritual before?

Sahim: Response

Taven: Response

TBC

===