Ambassador Rivi Vataix: Pictures at an Exhibition

瀏覽次數:19 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Rivi Vataix

未讀,
2022年5月29日 中午12:36:052022/5/29
收件者:Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(OOC: This is a one-shot scene, a bit unusual and not what you should typically do--that is you should not usually start and stop a scene in the same scene. However, for this sim, you should similarly reply with a one shot response in this particular case.

This will also be my final sim until I return next week with the exception of a final farewell Rahman sim/reply to Zhanyt Lafizatar. Have a great first week of the mission! Can't wait to see what you all will have done!)

((Gallery of Art, Amity Outpost))

Ambassador Rivi Vataix was sitting on a bench directly across from a set of paintings by French impressionist painter Claude Monet. If she read the placard next to the paintings, she'd have learned that the series was called Haystacks, and they were painted by Monet to see how light at different times of day could drastically change the colors and appearance of a subject, this case, well... haystacks.

However, Rivi wasn't reading the placard or looking at the art. Instead, she was reading a letter from her old college roommate Tani Lekasa. Tani would soon be arriving to Amity Outpost, working on behalf of the Betazed government and its colonization efforts as a mediator.

Tani always was the mediator when it came to relationships, Rivi recalled as she thought of their time spent together at the Ohmallera University of Arts & Sciences. With no siblings of her own, Rivi viewed Tani as somewhat of a sister. However, unlike Rivi, Tani was a Betazoid commoner, with no ties to the nobility, and in fact, Rivi knew that Tani personally thought that the Betazoid system of nobility was superfluous--how did she put it once at a brunch they'd had together? "A historic relic?"--and that the system should be abolished entirely. Of course, Tani was sweet and generous and assured Rivi she'd help her friend "get a real job" if that should ever happen.

Oh, how Rivi missed her!

Ukinix: Response

Rivi looked over her shoulder to see Wil approach her.

Vataix: Oh, hi, Wil! I'm just reading a letter from my friend. Actually, can you make sure when she arrives, she gets the full VIP treatment. ::An evil little smirk spread across Rivi's face.:: I know she'll just hate it!

Ukinix: Response

She pressed a button on her PADD and showed Tani's image to Wil.

Vataix: Her name is Tani Lekasa. She's a Betazoid mediator.

She looked at him while he looked over the picture of her friend.

Ukinix: oO Response Oo

Vataix: Yes, she's always been a looker. I told her she could go into modeling, but she just dismisses any praise I give her. Maybe you can tell her, and she'll finally believe it.

Ukinix: Response

She looked beyond Wil and saw some of the other officers begin to trickle into the art gallery.

Vataix: Anyway, looks like we better get started. Thanks for setting this up with the curator. It's nice to get out of the office.

Ukinix: Response

Rivi stood up from the bench and headed to a podium that had been set up by the gallery staff for her to use.

Vataix: Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming! Before you head off on your mission to support the USS Kitty Hawk's journey out into the Delta Quadrant, I wanted to first make sure you all received the proper recognition for your fine work over these last few months. So, let's begin.

She looked down at her PADD and called up the first set of names.

Vataix: First, Lieutenants Reade and Kivik, please come up here.

Reade/Kivik: Response

Vataix: There were many precarious situations during the expo, but none moreso than a potential accident that would have harmed thousands. For your work in preventing that tragedy, I have named you both to receive the Legion of Merit! Congratulations, you two!

Reade/Kivik: Response

Vataix: Next, Lieutenant Ceciri Ariadust? In recognition of your injuries sustained, you are to receive the Purple Heart.

Ariadust: Response

Vataix: Next, I'd like to recognize Lieutenant Wong. Mr. Wong, if you'll please approach?

Wong: Response

Vataix: Lieutenant, you helped solve a mystery and bring a corrupt Romulan captain to justice. For that, you shall receive the Starfleet Investigation Ribbon. You also helped save the lives of injured racers during the rally, along with Mr. Reade. For that, both you and Mr. Reade shall receive the the Lifesaving Ribbon.

Wong: Response

Reade: Response

Vataix: Next, I'd like to recognize Lieutenant Commanders Wil Ukinix and John Carter as well as Ensign Rebecca Iko. Wil, John, Bec, would you come up here?

Ukinix: Response

Carter: Response

Iko: Response

Vataix: Although we may not agree with them or their past actions, we have a duty as Federation representatives and officers to serve by our ideals, and that includes protecting those against harm. For protecting the Vidiian ship Indefatigable when they were attacked on their way to Amity, you three shall receive the Good Conduct Ribbon.

Ukinix: Response

Carter: Response

Iko: Response

Vataix: Finally, Ensign Iko. You have served with distinction during your time at Amity since you arrived from the academy. I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade, with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities that come with it. Congratulations, Lieutenant!

Iko: Response

Any: Response

Vataix: Good job everyone and good luck out there when you head off on the Independence! Have fun and get back safe!

TAG! END

Ambassador Rivi Vataix
Chief of Mission and Commanding Officer, Amity Outpost
Federation Diplomatic Corps, United Federation of Planets
I238705TZ0

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄