Lt. JG Rebecca Iko - That is NOT how you talk to a commanding officer.

Zenia Emba

Jul 24, 2022, 6:22:29 PM7/24/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Outside Holodeck 2 – Level 5, Copernicus Center))

Wil had asked Bec if she wanted to kick around a footy. She hadn't played in quite some time (since getting to interschool semi-finals in her highschool team.)

But she needed to see him. She needed to see Wil. And this seemed a good a place as any to see him.

But there was something churning away in the pit of her stomach. Something dark, something that she tried to prevent coming to the surface.

Iko: ::pained smile:: Wil.

She suddenly became flooded with emotions, but simply simultaneously pushed them down to join the others in the pit of her stomach and breathed them out.

Ukinix: Hey Bec, I-

He stopped himself, and Bec looked at him Quizzically.

Ukinix: ::Whispering, gesturing to Bec, smirking:: Quick!  Shhh, let’s hide around the corner!

Iko: ::furrowing eyebrows:: What?

Wil scurried around a nearby corner and Bec, still muddled with confusion, ended up following him, and his eyes until she spotted Scotty and... she couldn't quite tell who was the other person... in costumes, ready for adventure that would probably on horseback around a fantastical kingdom.

Iko: It's Scotty and... who?

Ukinix: ::smiling, whispering:: Shh! Shh!  ::Snicker::

With a squint she noticed the little blue j'naii markings on the wizards forehead... and there was only on person on Amity with those... and ne had a beard?

Between that fact and the contagious sound of Wil's snickering she giggled, only calming down when the two entered the holodeck and it closing behind them.

Ukinix: ::Chuckling:: Oh, that was priceless.  We’ll have to call Scotty “Sir Reade” from now on.

Bec just shook her head.

Ukinix: ::Gesturing with chin to holodeck 2:: Our turn, let’s head in.

Iko: Lets do some footy.

((Holodeck 2))

Bec hung closer to the door than Wil, watching him, and then the scenery as it changed into the view of a footy oval at the first officers command.

Ukinix: Computer, begin program.

((“Fremantle Oval, Fremantle, Australia”))

She didn't recognise this particular oval, but assumed it was from somewhere where Wil grew up, along the west coast. The weather seemed like a typical spring day, just warm enough so you didnt freeze in your t-shirt or (in Bec's case) leggings and a tank-top...  although maybe that was all the typical 18°C a starfleet ship or station was by default and weather parameters in the holodeck hadn't changed.

The two Aussies were standing at the edge of this footy oval near the fence, and the program had swiftly also added several of the red Aussie rules footies laying on the ground, ready to be picked up and bashed by either Wil's or her own feet.

Ukinix: Warm up run?  I like to do a couple of laps.

Iko: ::shrug:: sure.

Wil began to run along the white painted boundary line, Bec running alongside him, competitive thinking trying to get her to stay in front of him. While running, Wil decided he would begin a conversation.

Ukinix: ::Slight panting while jogging:: So, we haven’t really talked since we got back to Amity.

Iko: ::Not looking at Wil, serious tone:: No. We haven't.

Ukinix: response

The feeling in her stomach was escaping.

Iko: Oh I don't know... maybe because you almost- ::snapping her head to face him:: #^&@$%* DIED?!

Ukinix: response

Iko: You thought you would be so heroic, making sure we were all safe and gonna get out of there without giving two #@%^s about your own safety or how it would afftect the crew - YOUR CREW - so shut up you little piece of $@%# and don't pretend everythings "just fine" because it's NOT.

She ran. Boy did she run. And hopefully he wouldn't catch up to her.

Ukinix: response

Iko: ::panting:: #$%@ me... sorry...

"Sorry" in this case probably wasn't enough...

Ukinix: response

Tags/TBC!

--
Lt. JG Rebecca Iko