Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - Mezzanine

Wil Ukinix

Oct 10, 2021, 7:23:36 AM10/10/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Grand Mezzanine, Amity Outpost – 1838 hours))

(OOC: The festival on the Grand Mezzanine is in full swing!  You can sim your character hosting a stall, managing one of the shops, or visiting a Delta Quadrant species’ stalls.  You can have your character drop in to any one of the existing shops, or maybe one that doesn’t even exist on the list yet!  Have a look at Amity Deck Layout - 118Wiki (starbase118.net) .)

The Grand Mezzanine had been transformed, in a very short time, into what almost resembled a street festival.

Along the inside of the mezzanine ring along the rail were a line of all different types of stalls.  Most were offering one or more foods of a different type, from different areas of not only the Delta Quadrant, but also the Federation.  All the tenanted shops that were permanently situated on the outside of the mezzanine’s ring were open for business – the ones that still had a “coming soon” holosign in front didn’t dent the atmosphere of the mezzanine.  Different types of music played in the background, adding to the boisterous yet relaxed atmosphere.

There were people everywhere, of all different shapes, sizes and species.   It was as if most of the people on the station had made their way to the Grand Mezzanine.  Wil wondered if the rest of the station resembled a ghost ship.

The Starfleet attaché wore his red Starfleet uniform, but over the top of that wore an apron that had “Kiss the Cook” imprinted on it in Federation Standard.  He turned his focus from the packed mezzanine to turn a whole row of sausages that took up most of the three hot plates on the barbeque that was next to him, before turning over the masses of onions that were sizzling away on one of the hot plates.  On the table adjacent to him were stacked loaves of bread.

Person: That smells interesting, what is this?

A Talaxian male was suddenly standing at the stall, with an inquisitive expression on his face.

Ukinix: It’s called a “sausage sizzle”.  Like to try a sausage?

Before the Talaxian could make up his mind, Wil picked up a cooked sausage from the barbeque, laid it diagonally across a waiting slice of bread that had a serviette underneath it, then topped it with onions.  He the picked up a bottle of tomato sauce, and drizzled it over the sausage and onion.  After carefully grabbing the serviette from underneath, he folded the bread diagonally in half, corner to corner.

Ukinix: There you go, give that a try.  ::Handing bread to person::  It’s a very basic yet delicious traditional snack from the continent I’m from on Earth.  You’ll love it.

The Talaxian studied the bread/sausage/onion combination in his hand, before shrugging his shoulders and taking a bite.

Vataix: Response

Ukinix: Ambassador!  ::Gesturing to mezzanine:: How good is this.  There’s people everywhere, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.  ::Looking over towards pub:: I see The Glommer and Beagle is getting a workout.  Ooh, and there’s a big line up to get into Three Stripes.

Vataix: Response

Ukinix: I think people came up to the mezzanine earlier than we expected.  ::Shrug:: This enthusiasm is good!  ::Gesturing to barbeque:: Wanna sausage?

The Talaxian, overhearing the conversation, turned to Rivi and momentarily raised the half-eaten sausage/bread in his hand.

Person: ::Chewing, gesturing to Rivi:: It’s good.

Vataix: Response

Ukinix: Yes.  In a few moments we’ll get you on that ::gesturing with chin:: platform over there, to give everyone a welcome speech.  Then we’ll have the special Marine Wing display in about ::looking at chrono:: two hours from now.  After that, hopefully the dancefloor will get a workout.

Vataix: Response

Ukinix: Hello Ensign, I’m Commander Wil Ukinix.  Wil.

Corelli/Vataix: Responses

Ukinix: How do you like the station so far?

Corelli: Response

Vataix: Response

Ukinix: Yes ma’am, let’s get you over to do your speech.  ::Looking around:: I just need someone to look after my stall-

Upon miraculously seeing the very short Commander Teller in the crowd, Wil put his finger and thumb in his mouth and gave a loud whistle.

Ukinix: ::Loud whistle with thumb and forefinger, Raised voice:: Oi!  Geoffrey!  Can you give us a hand?

When Teller approached, Wil grabbed a spare apron that was under the barbeque, and handed that and his pair of tongs to the Commander.

Teller: Response

Ukinix: Knackers, can you take over for me for a few minutes?

Teller: Response

Vataix/Corelli: Response

Wil led Ambassador Vataix through the busy crowd, over to the makeshift raised platform.

Ukinix: Here you go ambassador.  ::Handing over small microphone:: It’s hooked into the PA system, you’re all good to go.

Vataix: Response

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Starfleet attaché and First Officer