Mavenni Siyel: The Vataix-Ukinix Defense

Rivi Vataix

Aug 16, 2022, 9:42:35 PM8/16/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Quantum Slipstream Starliner Empress of the Stars - en route to Amity Outpost))

After the ship docked with the station, a loud thud reverberating through the bulkheads, Mavenni looked around, sensing her aide arriving.

Siyel: Tsalizhk?

Tsalizhk: Here.

The female Paradan emerged from the crowd in the lounge, heading towards Mavenni and Deexila. Although Mavenni had felt Tsalizhk's presence through her telepathic senses, the Paradan also emitted natural odors from her skin secretions that lent a clue as to her emotional state.

Siyel: Have you arranged a meeting with Ambassador Vataix?

Tsalizhk: Yes, my lady. She will be here briefly.

Etraax: Suggestions, Mavenni?

Decades of social maneuvering had taught Mavenni that no matter how logical an argument, the connections between people mattered when it came to business and agreements. The Vulcans might disagree, but Betazed was nothing like the desert red planet.

Siyel: We should honor the Ambassador for her leadership in the outpost's inaugural year... perhaps you can see if she and her staff would be willing to accept our invitation to a social gathering in her honor?

Tsalizhk: I can start making inquiries and arrangements now.

Mavenni gave it some thought about what might sweeten the offer.

Siyel: If it helps, perhaps suggest it will also be in honor of her crew. She could recognize their particular accomplishments since Amity Outpost's opening.

Tsalizhk: It will be done.

Etraax: ::shrugging:: From what I’ve found, the ambassador seems more likely to accept if we praise her crew, given the likely emotional connection she would have with them.

Siyel: Oh, I suspect she will be quite amenable to our offer.

Etraax: Of course, I could be wrong.

Siyel: ::shaking her head:: I've never known Daughter Niarivi to decline a chance for a social gathering.

Etraax: Well, let's meet the ambassador.

Siyel: Let us indeed.

((Terminal A, Amity Outpost))

Mavenni and her entourage departed from the starliner, and while the bright lights and sounds of the station were a sudden and refreshing change from their month and half-long journey, it was the appearance of Ambassador Vataix and her own staff that surprised Mavenni.

The Mother of the Second House, though, kept her composure as she approached the waiting Vataix.

Vataix: ~~ Mother Mavenni, on behalf of the Federation Diplomatic Corps, welcome to Amity Outpost. ~~

Mavenni bowed her head slightly in appreciation, returning Niarivi's smile with a small one of her own.

Siyel: ~~ Thank you for your hospitality, Ambassador. Allow me to introduce Daughter Deexila  of the Etraax family. ~~

Etraax: Response

Vataix: ~~ Gracious welcome, Daughter Deexila! ~~

Mavenni then gestured to the Paradan on her other side.

Siyel: And this is my attendant, Tsalizhk.

Tsalizhk: Response

The blonde Betazoid woman nodded back, still smiling.

Vataix: Welcome.

Niarivi gestured to the brunette woman standing next to her, although Mavenni and everyone else already knew who she was.

Vataix: This is Keehani Ukinix.

Keehani: Response

The older Betazoid woman returned a curt nod of her own. This was the first time she'd met the troublesome young "daughter aspirant" in person.

Siyel: Of course.

The fact that Niarivi had agreed to have Keehani Ukinix, a former Guardian of Betazed extremist, as part of her staff meant either the ambassador was naive or had some other angle she was waiting to play, although just what, Mavenni hadn't figured out yet.

Etraax: Response

Tsalizhk: Response

Siyel: We did not expect such a formal welcome, Ambassador.

Vataix: Oh, please, call me Rivi. And I've wanted to ensure that any Betazoid guests that arrive get a personal warm reception.

Siyel: ::half-joking:: Ah, and here I thought it was something special.

Vataix: ::polite chuckle:: Hmmph. ::broad smile:: Well, we have arranged accommodations for you all in the Talaxi Palms Hotel--there's a wonderful spa you simply must enjoy while you're here.

Siyel: We'll see if there's time. There is much important business to attend to.

Keehani: Response

Etraax: Response

Tsalizhk: Response

TAG! TBC...