Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - Last Train To Trancentral

已查看 12 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Wil Ukinix

未读,
2022年4月24日 08:48:562022/4/24
收件人 Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Docking Terminal, Amity Outpost))

Finally there was Kinan.  His cheeks blushed a little more when he laid eyes on her again.  But this time, despite his previous sign of unprofessional affection moments earlier, he kept it above board with Kinan.  His eyes might have been sparkling a little bit though.

Ukinix: Commander.  ::offering hand::  It’s wonderful to see you again, welcome aboard.

oO *Just lovely!* Oo

Kinan: Thank you, sir.

Wil felt himself almost fall over when Kinan called him “sir”.

Rahman: Well, now that we're all... reacquainted with one another. Where to, Wil?

Ukinix: Well, um… ::palms out:: Up to you.   I can give you a grand tour of the Mezzanine, we can head up to the Spire for a looksee, stretch your legs in Peace Park, we can go for a spin around the nebula in the Indy.  There’re several good places to eat, this place is a small city.  We can always go up and see Rivi to say hello.  Dunno, what would you prefer?

Core: I'd personally love to see how the Peace Park is fairing.

Rahman: I think we'll decline going back out on the Independence. We just spent a month and a half getting out here, so yes, stretching legs and getting some "fresh air" in the park sounds wonderful.

Wil gave a nod, before politely gesturing for the trio to head down the terminal towards the “Mezzanine” train station.  He gave Kinan an extra smile as she walked past before he joined the group in the trip towards the station.

Kinan: Speaking of Amity, how's your time in the Delta quadrant faired so far?

Ukinix: It’s going great! I mean, aside from mining operations impinging on the religious traditions of a displaced nomadic species that worship a space-borne plasma farting seacow, several species objecting to Vidiians being in the neighbourhood including one that entered Federation space in a battleship with weapons drawn, our best pilot and our ops officer spinning out of a high speed rally which had to be postponed after one of the racing ships got damaged by a torpedo, Klingons chewing up all of the station’s energy during our science expo causing blackouts, an officer from the Thor getting dusted up in a formerly dodgy area of the habitat ring, leaks of Amity’s operational affairs to the increasingly annoying press who don’t mind editorialising their wacky opinions of us, a holier than thou Betazoid noble sticking her nose into Starfleet operations, and a drunken idiot protesting the Federation’s presence in the Delta Quadrant at the science expo, it’s been pretty much smooth sailing.  How about you?

Kinan: I'm fairly sure that's the opposite of smooth sailing.

Wil momentarily pursed his lips just gave a casual, “it is what it is” shrug in return.  That’s when he noticed that Roshanara and Tristam were holding hands.  He smiled a little, it was warming to see them together and showing a public display of affection.

oO Onya Captain Oo

Core: Amity's dealing with new species, new governments, new people. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road.

Ukinix: They’ve been more like gravity wells in a coffee mug, but yeah we’ve had our share.  ::Looking at Kinan because he couldn’t resist:: How about you, Commander, keen to see Peace Park?

Kinan: I'd personally like to see your command deck. Assuming you have one.

Wil looked over at Roshanara when he sensed some amusement in her.  Her facial expression was neutral.  He blushed a little.  Was it becoming obvious that he liked Kinan?

Core: You mean Ops? Why?

Kinan:::gaping:: Habit.

The XO tried to suppress a pleased smile, and found it difficult.  He hoped what he was sensing meant that Kinan was feeling the same butterflies that he was having.

Rahman: Well, maybe Wil you can drop us off at the park and then proceed onward with Kinan?

oO Jackpot! Oo  To hide the feeling that accompanied that thought, Wil nodded as if he was still on the Veritas responding to an order from Roshanara.

Ukinix: Aye, ma’am.

Kinan: Response

Rahman: You needn't worry about us. Tristam and I can take care of ourselves.

Roshanara looked back at her Rodulan partner.

Rahman: And it might be nice to spend some time together, just the two of us, in the park. It's not like you don't know your way around here.

Core: Response

They made their way out of the terminal, into the Ground Floor of the Mezzanine section.  Ahead of them was Janaran falls, situated near the entrance to Copernicus centre.  Nearby, ornate stairs led up to the upper level of the mezzanine, ringed by a glass fence topped with a modern, sleek and classy rail.  Both levels of the Mezzanine were abuzz with people.  Some moving slowly as they shopped, some using the floor to commute from one area of the station to another, and a few just relaxing and taking in the atmosphere.  Wil looked up at the glass top of the mezzanine to observe the spire and the purple space outside.  It was a view he would never tire of.

Ukinix: Let’s catch the Blue Line train, that’ll get us to Peace Park.  It should be here in a minute or two.

Sure enough, a holographic sign above the station showed a blue “1” under the words “Amity Line”, and a purple “3” under the words “Upper Terminals Line” – both signs indicating how many minutes away each train was from arriving.  There were two sets of tracks, each allowing trains to travel in opposite directions.  A mix of civilian dressed and Starfleet uniformed people stood around, waiting for the next train.

Just as the train arrived.  Its next stop was the “Sarek” station.

Ukinix: Ooh, we better be quick.  ::gesturing:: C’arn let’s catch it.

Kinan/Core/Rahman: Responses

((Peace Park))

The pink-leaved tree lined path wound through the cherry blossom trees, apparently the same type of trees given as gift from the former Earth island nation of Japan (home of the Daystrom Institute) to the United States of America (home of an awesome invention named “buffalo wings”).  The computer controlled micro-climate in each biome section of Peace Park was designed to support the flora that had been planted there.  Wil had discovered that it made for an interesting multi-climatic experience when jogging along the path that wound along the outside of the entire park.

Kinan/Core/Rahman: Responses

Ukinix: It’s beautiful, isn’t it?  ::Looking at Rahman, slight smile:: This section reminds me of our home planet, Captain.

Of course Wil knew that she was Kriosian, but Earth was her adopted home and Wil always had thought of her as a fellow Terran.

Up ahead was a section that contained a collection of blue gum eucalyptus trees – native to Wil’s home continent of Australia and crucial to that continent’s native species, and sadly historic destroyer of natural wildlife in southern California.  Wil was very much looking forward to the fire-safe, stainless steel electric powered barbeque that was soon to be installed in that section.

Rahman: Response

Kinan/Core: Response

He wanted to say “it’s so good to be amongst senior Starfleet officers again.”  Being XO of a diplomatic outpost meant that he was “it” as far as Starfleet went, and it was a realisation that didn’t really sink in until weeks after his first footsteps on Amity.  His higher up was a representative of the Diplomatic Corp, and he truly loved having Rivi as his CO.  But having a decorated *Starfleet* officer senior to him aboard seemed like it temporarily filled a whole that had been missing.  He couldn’t ever tell anyone that in a million years though, not even a counsellor.  Adapting to the fact that he reported to the Diplomatic Corp was just as important as adapting to the fact he was now XO of a Starfleet facility – something unthinkable from the first moments he was accelerated by the turbolift towards the bridge of the USS Veritas.

Ukinix: Captain.  Tristam.  ::Genuine smile:: It’s so good to see you both again.  Kinan and I will leave you both to it, enjoy your leg stretching.  If you’re interested, I can arrange a dinner booking for tonight at the Lighthouse restaurant for you and anyone else you’d like.  XO comes with its perks.  ::To Kinan, smiling:: Shall we?

Kinan: Response

Rahman/Core: Responses

Wil turned and walked back down the path with Kinan, leaving his former Captain and Tristam behind.  When they were out of sight, Wil put out his arm to offer it to the Trill woman with pretty brown eyes.

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: Next stop, Ops.  Or wherever you’d like to go.

Kinan: Response

Ukinix: ::Small chuckle:: Well I did just give a Starfleet Captain a potentially career harming hug.

Kinan: Response

As they walked their way back to the Peace Park train station, Wil took in sharp breath before speaking.

Ukinix: I’ve got a personal confession to make. Starfleet being the way it is, I wasn’t sure I’d see you again.  But now that I have, ::slight blush:: I’ve missed you.

Kinan: Response

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Starfleet attaché and First Officer